Fedex vs UPS,who's better to work for?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Probably true for your location. It depends completely on where you work and who your managers are.

I worked many peaks with UPS, including as a seasonal driver. I’ve worked for Fedex Express for 4 1/2 years. Very important to differentiate Express from Ground or Home. Very different operations with a big variation in drivers, from lazy to anything to get the job done.

I would love to earn what UPS drivers get and be represented by a union, even if it is the Teamsters. But FedEx is, to me, better beyond comparison.

Sups are not berating and insulting you all the time. We work hard, but don’t have 350 stops crammed into our trucks during peak so you return to the center at 11 pm and clock in at 7:30 the next morning.

When I was a driver I had to pay an obscenely high initiation fee plus dues to the union even though I wasn’t protected or covered by the contract in any way. Greedy, gouging and wrong. Not to mention that the local concerned has a long history of its officers either being jailed or murdered. Random events, I’m sure.

The UPS benefits are the best. But I am happy to go work, generally enjoy the day and, when I do retire, I won’t be ailing from ulcers and other stress-caused diseases working for UPS gives you as an added benefit. Yes, Express suffers from corporate b.s. like any major company. But much less than yours.

I’ll raise my steel umbrella now.
People who stress out at ups crack me up. It's such a mellow job. Read the contract. Know your rights. Work at a normal pace. Enjoy the easy o.t.

Gone fishin

I love fed ex. I work an easy 40 hours. , married a hot wife making 6 digits in 40 hours and I’ll retire at 55 with all the toys. Keep up the grind UPS boys , it’s noble work

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I asked because there’s no way he’s making 6 figures as a FedEx courier or even a tractor trailer driver, working 40 hours a week.

Sorry!

I thought he said his sister, err I mean his "wife" was making 6 figures for 40 hours a week.

And before you go getting pissed at me Gone Fishin, I did not reveal how she made those monies! Your/her secret is safe with me................

As long as I keep getting my discount!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sorry!

I thought he said his sister, err I mean his "wife" was making 6 figures for 40 hours a week.

And before you go getting :censored2: at me Gone Fishin, I did not reveal how she made those monies! Your/her secret is safe with me................

As long as I keep getting my discount!
His statement wasn’t very clear as to who was making the 6 figures that’s why I asked him.

yadadamean116

I love fed ex. I work an easy 40 hours. , married a hot wife making 6 digits in 40 hours and I’ll retire at 55 with all the toys. Keep up the grind UPS boys , it’s noble work
I’ll take my 38 an hour and 45 hours a week and keep my wife making just as much as me while paying 0 for insurance