Fedex Wins? REALLY?

bbsam

Staff member
sam if you are happy doin it more power to you but contracts not easily voided? cmon unless your in some sort of vortex in fedexland these guys will cut off your nuts just because they dont like you saw it happen 10 times in three years to good contractors who did the job
I would say those contractors should have had good lawyers.

FedExer267

No, contracts are not easily voided. What I tell management is that if my driver quits because of something management does, they will be covering that route until a replacement is found. Most of the time, management comes to me first anyway because they know that I know the contract. I have no problem whatsoever telling management "no". I also have no problem telling management not to call me with stupid questions that I can't answer without access to their computer. Nor do I have a problem throwing in their face exactly what the contract says and exactly where it says it since they are happy to do the same. Remember. Whatever local management says about a contract, it has to go through Pittsburgh's legal department. Local management is nothing more than nutless "yes men" kissing regional tail.

Thats Great the next time my Contractor runs like a scared puppy I will tell him to go read his contract. I would think any smart business man would know it inside and out. I am amazed at how many Contractors have no idea of what their doing.But to quote Ron Tater Salad White and a upser on here You Can't Fix Stupid.

FedExer267

sam if you are happy doin it more power to you but contracts not easily voided? cmon unless your in some sort of vortex in fedexland these guys will cut off your nuts just because they dont like you saw it happen 10 times in three years to good contractors who did the job
I think bbsams terminal must be diffrent because god knows I see the same thing in mine.

fdx

you sign a contract written by just fedex and no input from your side of it i would say your in deep :censored2: i remember they wouldnt let you take the contract out of the office

FedExer267

Thats a true fact. My boss couldnt even take his Contract to his lawyers office. FedEx is probally affraid they would tell him its a scam.

FedEx2000

Its already being talked about. It dosen't matter what you call it the fact is the management in the building runs you. Thats what FedEx apparently dosen't get you can call us what ever you want the fact of the matter is if we are not your employees stop running us like we are. There should be NO reason they come to us for anything that should be done by the contractor.
As long as people feel they are paying the bills to run a multi billion dollar company FedEx will have issues. The funny thing is I was talking to my Contractor one day and I asked him straight up do you feel like you run your own business his response hell no.

According to most of what you post on here, I'm not sure he's capable of running his own business.

FedExer267

According to most of what you post on here, I'm not sure he's capable of running his own business.
Oh trust me I know that one for sure. He actually came to me awhile back wanted me to be a manager for him help him run the troops I asked how much more money we were talking about and he said why should I pay you more. So I declined not taking on extra work for no compensation. I just go to work do my job and get home to the kids.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats a true fact. My boss couldnt even take his Contract to his lawyers office. FedEx is probally affraid they would tell him its a scam.
That doesn't make too much sense. Not these days at least. Unless your boss is lying to you. He has a copy of the contract. He could take it in anytime he wanted. He is a signatory to a contract an has a right to legal counsel with it. Now what I wouldn't put past Fedex is that they have contractors intimidated into believing they can do anything they want whenever they want and then take advantage of them, but that doesn't make it fact.