fedex

BootsOnTarmac

Too bad VF Imagewear is trending toward 100% synthetic for FedEx customer side clothing. Cotton blends were so much more comfortable. Synthetics will also present a bad situation to your skin if you are involved in a fire or extreme heat / chemical spill situation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Too bad VF Imagewear is trending toward 100% synthetic for FedEx customer side clothing. Cotton blends were so much more comfortable. Synthetics will also present a bad situation to your skin if you are involved in a fire or extreme heat / chemical spill situation.
I love the cotton blend so much more.

dvalleyjim

It's been a month In a half and FedEx still haven't called me back for my background check should I be worried? They also sent me the extended application through email to see if I'm still interested in the package handler position do that means I will still get hired?
Call them and bug them. I was a FX contractor for 18 yrs. in CA. I called for a HD job in bumF Egypt and the girl on the phone tried to tell me that they weren't looking for drivers now. I asked to speak to her boss since my files were still current. I was asked if I could start tomorrow.

SmithBarney

Oh they suck, Logos look like an 80's iron on after just a few washes, we are constantly
moving, rubbing and holding packages against our clothing.
These shirts have pulls, and look like crap. Plus if your sort position puts you in the unload,
you are certain to ruin a shirt in a matter of days, oh and CRRs in these positions aren't allowed to wear anything else, not even a handler shirt ?!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
oh and CRRs in these positions aren't allowed to wear anything else, not even a handler shirt ?!
Which opco did you say you work for? Because your info sure is incorrect. A courier is required to wear their uniform when in contact with a customer. Don't think the unload (or reload) qualifies as such.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Which opco did you say you work for? Because your info sure is incorrect. A courier is required to wear their uniform when in contact with a customer. Don't think the unload (or reload) qualifies as such.
Couriers at my station wear whatever they want. Ive even seen them come off the road wearing their own shirt. Nothing is said. WAGN, right @bbsam?

dezguy

We had people wearing the warehouse tee shirts, onroad. Lasted a few weeks before nearly everyone was doing it and the DM caught wind of it. A few threats if suspension later and everyone was back to normal. Every now and again, someone will test it but management shoots it down as soon as they see it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The absolute best was when we had those white shirts (with the ridiculous epaulets). What freaking genius ever came up with the idea that WHITE would be a good color to wear in this business?

SmithBarney

Hey I agree, its a dumb rule, I don't make the rules, just sharing here, they say "audit item" whatever that is, haven't seen an audit in 15yrs... we have couriers who bring two uniform shirts, one to sweat in during the sort, and another to change into before leaving on road.