fedex

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Blah, blah. Can't know it's there if it's not called in. If express keeps stealing them the customers won't figure out they have to call in a pickup.

I have one customer where I will jokingly pretend to dust off the Ground pile and remind them that they would be on their way if they had only made the right choice.

These were not returns-----these were part of a "daily" pickup.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Apparently, ground management/ sales teams aren't notifying the customers about picking up the phone to call it in; one of the reasons why ground sucks more than HD.

Pick up the slack, yo!

As for that particular airmail envelope, if it was a non-prority or return to shipper, I would've taken it and inform the customer that I'll slip it in a drop box on the way home when I'm done my route.

This was the only way I will service an airmail parcel for free since I have 3 drop boxes on the commute home

bacha29

Apparently, ground management/ sales teams aren't notifying the customers about picking up the phone to call it in; one of the reasons why ground sucks more than HD.

Pick up the slack, yo!

As for that particular airmail envelope, if it was a non-prority or return to shipper, I would've taken it and inform the customer that I'll slip it in a drop box on the way home when I'm done my route.

This was the only way I will service an airmail parcel for free since I have 3 drop boxes on the commute home
If ground sucks more than HD then what are you going to do when it all becomes one?

Star B

White Lightening
... and here we go. Here's that disconnect that I was talking about. I'm sure IWBFs employees train their customers well, but you have thousands of different contractors with varying level of giving a crap.

What does the customer see? The customer sees someone wearing a FedEx uniform in orange, driving a truck that looks the same as the other FedEx trucks, but refusing a package because "they are not [ground/express]".

There are many reasons why Ground doesn't have the return volume a-la UPS does. One of them is lack of accessibility (which will be changing with Walgreens).. another is just the appearance of a FedEx driver refusing to take a box.

I get it. I do. Ground contractors want to get paid for every box they can... Express employees want to have stable employment with a fair wage. Trying to mix the two groups is trying to mix oil and water. You might get the appearance of a blend if you try REALLY hard.... but in the end.... it doesn't work out.

It will be fine

What would Express couriers have to gain by "stealing" Ground packages?

Answer: Nothing
Then why do it? Just because something has no value to you doesn't remove that value from someone else. When you take that freight you are taking revenue away from a Ground contractor. If you go in my wallet, take a $5 bill and throw it away, you've still stolen from me regardless of your lack of gain.

vantexan

If it sits there for more than a day I will offer to pick it up and drop it off at our local MBE.
My last month at FedEx I stopped for awhile taking UPS pkgs to the UPS box around the corner. Got tired of lugging them all the time. Pkgs were clearly UPS. Anyways after a week or so I'd take the 6 or 7 that accumulated and drop them off. And then one day a lady called us and complained that her UPS box hadn't reached it's destination. It had been in my box for about 5 days. So I get halfheartedly chewed into by our head CSA. It was a week before Christmas and I had turned in my notice. So she was careful. Damn I miss that little bit of power I had for a couple of weeks.