fedex

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We still ARE an airline. :)

So why they didn't switch the opco to "Air" when they decided to give all of the opco s the Orange color?

I had to refuse an Air pickup today and told them to call for an express or airmail driver to get it on Tuesday... or they can drive 20 miles to the nearest drop box and wait until Tuesday to track it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So why they didn't switch the opco to "Air" when they decided to give all of the opco s the Orange color?

I had to refuse an Air pickup today and told them to call for an express or airmail driver to get it on Tuesday... or they can drive 20 miles to the nearest drop box and wait until Tuesday to track it

Why didn't you do the right thing and take care of that customer?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Only the people in the Ivory Towers in Memphis are privy to that information.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I got yelled at by management when I did this before... So no more touching airmail envelopes!

I even attempted to scan it with my powerpad, but no go. I can scan USps barcodes though

Told the customer there is no way to track it if I throw their envelopes out the window to the river...

Star B

White Lightening
Aren't they planning to combine everything under one brand and be one big happy family?
As soon as they can figure out how to guarantee one of the two things:

1) Being able to make contractors act exactly like employees with the same level of control as employees.
2) If Express was to absorb ground, that we would be able to keep the Railway Labor Act classification and make it nearly impossible for us to unionize.

Until then, it's business as usual confusing the customer and losing business as a result.

He did the right thing (per the suits) by telling the customer to call the 800 number to schedule an Express driver. Is it the right thing in the eyes of the customers? Hell no... but I, as an Express driver, am forbidden from touching a ground package handed to me. If it's in a dropbox..... I have to take it and get it into the ground system somewhere. No sense in letting it rot in the dropbox.

Oldfart

As soon as they can figure out how to guarantee one of the two things:

1) Being able to make contractors act exactly like employees with the same level of control as employees.
2) If Express was to absorb ground, that we would be able to keep the Railway Labor Act classification and make it nearly impossible for us to unionize.

Until then, it's business as usual confusing the customer and losing business as a result.

He did the right thing (per the suits) by telling the customer to call the 800 number to schedule an Express driver. Is it the right thing in the eyes of the customers? Hell no... but I, as an Express driver, am forbidden from touching a ground package handed to me. If it's in a dropbox..... I have to take it and get it into the ground system somewhere. No sense in letting it rot in the dropbox.
Loosing business?

Volume is growing from what I see and hear.

Forbidden to pickup Ground?

That memo must have skipped our station.

We have a staging area for the Ground that we pick up for the Ground driver to process everyday that is separate from the frt counter freight. That area has several hundred pieces in it everyday.

whenIgetthere

Loosing business?

We have a staging area for the Ground that we pick up for the Ground driver to process everyday that is separate from the frt counter freight. That area has several hundred pieces in it everyday.

We also have a ground staging area, as do most stations I am sure. This is for the ground left at the front counter, we are forbidden from picking up ground at this station. SM told us to tell customers to call the 800 number, threatened us with a letter if we picked any up. That's all I need to hear.

It will be fine

Loosing business?

Every time you and your cohorts at express pickup a Ground package you are stealing money from the Ground contractor. Stop being a thief.

Oldfart

Every time you and your cohorts at express pickup a Ground package you are stealing money from the Ground contractor. Stop being a thief.
Maybe if the Ground couriers would stay off the phone and not let packages sit at customer locations for several days, it wouldn't be necessary for Express to pick them up. The ground courier at our station hands out food gift cards to us for bringing him freight. My waistline appreciates that.

It will be fine

Maybe if the Ground couriers would stay off the phone and not let packages sit at customer locations for several days, it wouldn't be necessary for Express to pick them up. The ground courier at our station hands out food gift cards to us for bringing him freight. My waistline appreciates that.
Deflection. Stop stealing other people's income.