fedex

It will be fine

I've never seen any policy specifically precluding us from taking ground pkgs. BTW our scanners can scan ground pkgs.
Our scanner can scan all usps stuff too, not just smart post. That doesn't mean I should take everyone's mail. Do you really need a policy telling you to only handle freight of your company? I think that's implied. Do you handle ups and dhl packages because there's no policy specifically against it?

MAKAVELI

Our scanner can scan all usps stuff too, not just smart post. That doesn't mean I should take everyone's mail. Do you really need a policy telling you to only handle freight of your company? I think that's implied. Do you handle ups and dhl packages because there's no policy specifically against it?
FedEx Express and FedEx Ground are part of the same company. And yes I do need a specific written policy, if it is a true policy.

Purplepackage

If it's in a drop box you have to take it, I'm sorry customers don't think and constantly put ground,priority mail boxes and even usps letters in express boxes. Hell they even stick UPS packages in boxes that are literally right next to a UPS drop box.

Are you saying I should only take express packages out and just leave everything else inside?

It will be fine

If it's in a drop box you have to take it, I'm sorry customers don't think and constantly put ground,priority mail boxes and even usps letters in express boxes. Hell they even stick UPS packages in boxes that are literally right next to a UPS drop box.

Are you saying I should only take express packages out and just leave everything else inside?
At a drop box you don't have much choice other than throwing the packages away, which would be fine by me. My problem is with taking them straight from customers instead of just telling them to schedule a ground pickup.

MAKAVELI

At a drop box you don't have much choice other than throwing the packages away, which would be fine by me. My problem is with taking them straight from customers instead of just telling them to schedule a ground pickup.
And that's exactly what I do. But if they tell me they have called it in and no one has showed up for days, I'd say that contractor lost his contractual right to that package.

Purplepackage

And that's exactly what I do. But if they tell me they have called it in and no one has showed up for days, I'd say that contractor lost his contractual right to that package.

This.

I tell them call in a ground pup and if it's still here by the end of the week I will take it for you. But I only do it for customers that tend to ship a lot of express

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
There just seems to be something very flawed with a system where a package can sit gathering dust for days waiting for "its rightful owner" to come along and take it away. What century are we in?

BootsOnTarmac

At a drop box you don't have much choice other than throwing the packages away, which would be fine by me.

Are you advocating the theft and destruction of packages tendered to a common carrier placed in the wrong drop box?

I would guess that a courier will empty the drop box of it's contents and place those by mistake in the correct drop box / flag down the competitor / cross OpCo or take back to station. This is what a decent person would do, not throw the package away.

It will be fine

There just seems to be something very flawed with a system where a package can sit gathering dust for days waiting for "its rightful owner" to come along and take it away. What century are we in?
Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? People have to call us for a pickup just like every other carrier. If they don't call us we don't know they have a box. If you take it you're training them that if they are lazy enough you'll just take it eventually. I've left express and sitting for a week. I just tell the customer everyday they need to call express for a pickup. Why would you ever take someone else's freight?