Feeder bid back to package car? HATE feeders

Brownpants80

Had the opportunity to go into feeders. Figured I'd try to save on my body. Did 2 weeks training didn't mind it. got my cdl, and then have been out on my own for two weeks covering vacations. I HATE it. It's not for me at all. I want to go back to package car since my old route hasn't been taken yet. I'm hearing I'm locked in for 3 years? Is there no qualification period??... I'm stuck here now with no other way to get out besides quit UPS in general which I don't want to do. Is this right?? Anyone know? Local in Michigan.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Had the opportunity to go into feeders. Figured I'd try to save on my body. Did 2 weeks training, got my cdl, and then have been out on my own for two weeks covering vacations. I hate it. I want to go back to package car since my old route hasn't been taken yet. Is there no qualification period... I'm stuck here now with no other way to get out besides quit which I don't want to do. Anyone know? Local in Michigan.

Hang in there you’ll be a supertrucker before you know it get you a cb and a goofy handle you’ll be aight

542thruNthru

Had the opportunity to go into feeders. Figured I'd try to save on my body. Did 2 weeks training didn't mind it. got my cdl, and then have been out on my own for two weeks covering vacations. I HATE it. It's not for me at all. I want to go back to package car since my old route hasn't been taken yet. I'm hearing I'm locked in for 3 years? Is there no qualification period??... I'm stuck here now with no other way to get out besides quit UPS in general which I don't want to do. Is this right?? Anyone know? Local in Michigan.
Have you spoke with your steward/BA?

Box Ox

@Indecisi0n might offer some sort of feeder conversion therapy if you ask real nice.

Brownpants80

I just don't think its for me. The midnights are way worse then I thought they would be. I have hardly seen my family since I started training. I'm sleeping while there awake for the day and I'm leaving as there going to sleep. I've been getting migraine after migraine. Not sure if it's from sitting or what is causing it. I'm high energy usually so just sitting is not working for my body bc its used to running. I thought it would be a cake walk. I don't really know why I hate it as much as I do. Just don't enjoy it at all. Just really isn't for me. I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.

Box Ox

I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.
98F8E27D-2A53-4D27-8A6A-615C6B297465.jpeg

RMR46

I recently turned down for this before it started I already work nights as it is I get done at 10:30 11:00 most nights I'm not a runner not a gunner and I take about an hour to hour and 20 minutes for lunch every day

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I just don't think its for me. The midnights are way worse then I thought they would be. I have hardly seen my family since I started training. I'm sleeping while there awake for the day and I'm leaving as there going to sleep. I've been getting migraine after migraine. Not sure if it's from sitting or what is causing it. I'm high energy usually so just sitting is not working for my body bc its used to running. I thought it would be a cake walk. I don't really know why I hate it as much as I do. Just don't enjoy it at all. Just really isn't for me. I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.
There are bad runs. But as long as your home by 7am it works for me. Your going to be covering better runs. Your not giving it a chance.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
There are bad runs. But as long as your home by 7am it works for me. Your going to be covering better runs. Your not giving it a chance.
Yup. He’s new to feeders, he’s going to be covering the crap no one wants for a few years. It took about 3 years for me to get a run starting in the morning and it’s a whole different ballgame.

Box Ox

Yup. He’s new to feeders, he’s going to be covering the crap no one wants for a few years. It took about 3 years for me to get a run starting in the morning and it’s a whole different ballgame.

Sounds like a very worthwhile path to a lifetime outside of package delivery. I've got things that hurt that I'd bet most feeder drivers don't.