Feeder bid back to package car? HATE feeders

Thebrownblob

What exactly were you thinking driving a semi all night would be like??
Actually one of the ride along I did was a rail yard pick up. We spent four hours jacking with one trailer that had something wrong with it. I asked the feeder driver I was with, Who do you talk to during the day he said well if you weren’t with me nobody. Lol. That was a long four hours. Easy work for sure, but long.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Wondering the same. There are delivery drivers limping around wishing they could go into feeders at locations with no feeders. Maybe he misses throwing treats to the good bois.
Lots of good bois out there when you're trailer trucking.
Hit the pickle park.
Dial up channel 14.
Yell "goooooooood buddy, good buddy, good buddy, good buddy, goooooooood buddy."
Let it be known that you aren't wearing panties.
Make sure people know that you ain't gay, you're just lonely.

Brownpants80

The supervisor/ trainer in feeders said he wasn't sure and had to reach out to labor. Labor guy is on vacation. I'm local 243. The inside Package sup reached out to the union who said I'm stuck for 3 years. My old steward on Package said he didn't know but didn't think I'd be stuck. So I'm waiting for labor I guess to tell me what I can do. Just strange nobody knows an answer.

Overpaid Union Thug

I just don't think its for me. The midnights are way worse then I thought they would be. I have hardly seen my family since I started training. I'm sleeping while there awake for the day and I'm leaving as there going to sleep. I've been getting migraine after migraine. Not sure if it's from sitting or what is causing it. I'm high energy usually so just sitting is not working for my body bc its used to running. I thought it would be a cake walk. I don't really know why I hate it as much as I do. Just don't enjoy it at all. Just really isn't for me. I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.
This exact scenario has played out numerous times in local 480. But ours can disqualify themselves before their 30th day and go back to whatever they were doing before. Most of them have been very young drivers and part time inside employees that never would have even gotten the opportunity for feeders that earlier just a short time ago. Meanwhile, package drivers with 20+ years in smaller buildings are like “We’ll take it! We’ll take it!”

Do what’s better for you. Yes, in three years or whatever you’ll get better runs but will likely be having some of the same issues. Those migraines are from lack of sleep and/or the drastic change in sleep time.

Cowboy Mac

Hang in there you’ll be a supertrucker before you know it get you a cb and a goofy handle you’ll be aight
You’re not kidding. Every driver has a handle where I’m at. And if you don’t have one, we will spend all night on a conference call to come up with one.
I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.
4BA196BD-D203-4D55-9106-AC87874ADE1F.gif

Johney

Here you can bail at anytime as long as you haven't gained seniority. I've seen someone pass on biding a run(that's how you get seniority here)just so they could bail later. Don't ask me why. One other guy had so many issue's his first week he bailed back to package. They don't like it in the feeder dept, but it is what it is.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I just don't think its for me. The midnights are way worse then I thought they would be. I have hardly seen my family since I started training. I'm sleeping while there awake for the day and I'm leaving as there going to sleep. I've been getting migraine after migraine. Not sure if it's from sitting or what is causing it. I'm high energy usually so just sitting is not working for my body bc its used to running. I thought it would be a cake walk. I don't really know why I hate it as much as I do. Just don't enjoy it at all. Just really isn't for me. I'd rather be an on road sup then do this if I can't go back to package car.
I hope your main concern isn't that someone else is sleeping in your bed while you are out driving?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The supervisor/ trainer in feeders said he wasn't sure and had to reach out to labor. Labor guy is on vacation. I'm local 243. The inside Package sup reached out to the union who said I'm stuck for 3 years. My old steward on Package said he didn't know but didn't think I'd be stuck. So I'm waiting for labor I guess to tell me what I can do. Just strange nobody knows an answer.
What's the DQing length in your area?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Bottom line is driving truck isn't for everyone. It's not a hard job, but it is a stressful job. Anyone can drive a truck down the road, we ain't doing anything special. But, driving in towns, tight properties, backing up, that kind of stuff, takes a bit of skill, skills again that anyone that sticks to it will develop. Some more than others, some better at it. Some people never quite get over being nervous driving something that big though. Or like the OP, never adjust to the schedule. No shame in any of it. There's a lot of stuff I'm not good at, or that isn't for me. Stress will eat you alive and it's built into the nature of driving truck. Adding to it by not liking it is bad bad juju. So good on you for recognizing that, hopefully it works out that you get back to doing something you are more comfortable with.