Feeder bid back to package car? HATE feeders

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Is this the stripper or Frankie? You have no credibility here.
That's funny. You are the worse moderator I have ever seen on a forum.

I'd put you on ignore like the other clowns here if I could . Just follow the crowd.

Follow the crowd.....

What's the matter? You can't take it?

gfo

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It counts, you go to the bottom. You can bump the next guy that comes in. You won't be waltzing in 20 years later and bump a feeder driver that had to work nights the past 19 years while you stayed in package to be home nights with the kids.
About the only thing that kept some package drivers out of feeder in our hub was the thought of chaining up a set of doubles over Donner Pass. That is why they wait for 20 plus years so they can have a day job in town and not go over the hill.

Most of us hill drivers didnt have much respect for them anyways. When I saw one of those guys in break room I'd ask them...
"when are you gonna go over the hill?"

They would rather shift or call off on a snow night than go over the hill. When I was on the on call list I always knew I was working on a snow night.

gimmee a break.....

Thebrownblob

About the only thing that kept some package drivers out of feeder in our hub was the thought of chaining up a set of doubles over Donner Pass. That is why they wait for 20 plus years so they can have a day job in town and not go over the hill.

Most of us hill drivers didnt have much respect for them anyways. When I saw one of those guys in break room I'd ask them...

They would rather shift or call off on a snow night than go over the hill. When I was on the on call list I always knew I was working on a snow night.

gimmee a break.....
Strange because all the old feeder drivers with 30 and 40 year safe driving always told me save your Call ins for the snow days, you don’t get extra credit for being a hero.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Strange because all the old feeder drivers with 30 and 40 year safe driving always told me save your Call ins for the snow days, you don’t get extra credit for being a hero.
ya. sounds about right.....pusillanimous.
Our core group of night drivers had tremendous PRIDE on getting those loads over the hill in the worse weather .
If they closed down 80 we would go 70 which was an extra 95 miles and still make service.

It felt good to be a hero. we didnt do it for the company. we did it for ourselves.
Many a time after a long hard week we would go to the bar on a Saturday morning and tell war stories.

fuh

Steamer

This exact scenario has played out numerous times in local 480. But ours can disqualify themselves before their 30th day and go back to whatever they were doing before. Most of them have been very young drivers and part time inside employees that never would have even gotten the opportunity for feeders that earlier just a short time ago. Meanwhile, package drivers with 20+ years in smaller buildings are like “We’ll take it! We’ll take it!”

Do what’s better for you. Yes, in three years or whatever you’ll get better runs but will likely be having some of the same issues. Those migraines are from lack of sleep and/or the drastic change in sleep time.
That's what I was going to say. If I don't get at least 6 hours or more of good sleep I end up with a splitting headache all day.

Overpaid Union Thug

The classification seniority nonsense was a topic in my center lately. Doesn’t make since to be in a union with a contract that states seniority shall prevail. But then not actually prevail at all times. Should state “Seniority shall prevail….but not always.”

Thebrownblob

Our core group of night drivers had tremendous PRIDE on getting those loads over the hill in the worse weather .
If they closed down 80 we would go 70 which was an extra 95 miles and still make service.

It felt good to be a hero. we didnt do it for the company. we did it for ourselves.
Many a time after a long hard week we would go to the bar on a Saturday morning and tell war stories.

fuh
You should really evaluate your life if that’s what makes you proud. Sincerely helping.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

fuh
Pride? Lol. Sounds about right.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The classification seniority nonsense was a topic in my center lately. Doesn’t make since to be in a union with a contract that states seniority shall prevail. But then not actually prevail at all times. Should state “Seniority shall prevail….but not always.”
The reason we have classification seniority is because we have classification seniority. People don't like when you change the rules in the middle of the game.

over9five

Staff member
Lol! Frankie Stripperpole, the legend of Donner Pass!

Dude, no one believes your stories! You have no credibility here.
Go back to telling stories of when you were a gun toting babe!

I'm gonna take a guess... You were a p/t feeder clerk, right?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

gimmee a break.....
This one time at band camp….