Feeder in-cab camera training....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Everyone calm down. When the union leadership 3 or 4 years from now finds out about these cameras, they will seek action!

quad decade guy

BTW. Probably the stupidest thing a company can do is install inward cameras. Any accident a driver gets into can now be reviewed and the company gives away deniability. They will end up paying more lawsuits as the video becomes discoverable in cases.
Ok.

However.....the "evidence" will allow faster and final terminations without costly hearings and panels.

The goal is disciplinary action. And conformity. Meaning: time theft....Meaning: Productivity.

This is about money in the end.

The Union will agree to a "progressive discipline" procedure. Like always.

quad decade guy

Probably so.... for all the "nervous nancies".

:biggrin:

Well Union/internet tough guy......

The cameras are being installed. Here to stay.

For those in the trenches.......it is huge.

Watch the video. Right at the start.......this tool will be used to enforce productivity(your schedule).

Plain and clear.

But you say productivity isn't recognized......Oh?

And probably so..... for all the "folks that act like this isn't happening...."

In plain sight.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok.

However.....the "evidence" will allow faster and final terminations without costly hearings and panels.

The goal is disciplinary action. And conformity. Meaning: time theft....Meaning: Productivity.

What is time stealing in Feeders?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
2. The cameras are here to stay. UPS expects them to be....otherwise why install them without a certain outcome?
I didn't argue that notion and don't disagree, the cameras are definely here to stay.

....but then I should know you really only hear the voice in your head which tells you all you think you need to know.

My assertion (if you can hear me in there) is that the IBT will ultimately "bargain for the effects" in 2023 of how, when and what these cameras are used for....and for how long their content can be referenced.

542thruNthru

I didn't argue that notion and don't disagree, the cameras are definely here to stay.

....but then I should know you really only hear the voice in your head which tells you all you think you need to know.

My assertion (if you can hear me in there) is that the IBT will ultimately "bargain for the effects" in 2023 of how, when and what these cameras are used for....and for how long their content can be referenced.
Wouldn't The reference to the content be limited to the discipline time frame?

I agree with you that I don't think the cameras are going anywhere (though I hope I'm wrong). We've needed much stronger discipline by technology language for a long time and I hope we get it this contract.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wouldn't The reference to the content be limited to the discipline time frame?
Don't forget this language as well.
Technology.png

Wolv

BTW. Probably the stupidest thing a company can do is install inward cameras. Any accident a driver gets into can now be reviewed and the company gives away deniability. They will end up paying more lawsuits as the video becomes discoverable in cases.
I heard that Swift had installed inward facing cameras in their trucks years ago but promptly removed them for exactly this reason.

We have outward facing cameras in most of our tractors at my hub. That’s enough.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ok.

Drivers will still be sitting on loads at the building for 2 hours… these “cameras” aren’t going to change that. Let them put these things in and we’ll check back with you in a year to see if you have received any “coaching”, warning letters or terminations based off of these devices… I’m going to make a bet that the answer to all these would be a no.