Feeder question

UPS4Life

Be careful with that, the IVIS records it as off duty but the company's logs that they have to show DOT records it as on duty not driving (because it's paid). We just had a guy violate his 60 because he was relying on the IVIS.
Was this a mistake on his own or was he instructed he has hours so drive? I've always been interested of this situation but never heard anyone who had the problem. If you don't mind me asking what was the consequences?

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

Be careful with that, the IVIS records it as off duty but the company's logs that they have to show DOT records it as on duty not driving (because it's paid). We just had a guy violate his 60 because he was relying on the IVIS.

Well being as I am back on a 4/10 this bid I won't get close enough to 60 to have to worry...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Was this a mistake on his own or was he instructed he has hours so drive? I've always been interested of this situation but never heard anyone who had the problem. If you don't mind me asking what was the consequences?

Sent using BrownCafe App
His own mistake, no one told him to do it he was just relying on the IVIS and thought he was good. It's looking like a warning letter.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
That is incorrect. Breaks should have always been "off duty" time. The pay has no bearing whatsoever. The company could pay you for your breaks and meal, or not pay you, it only matters that you take the mandated 30 minutes and do no work and are relieved of all responsibility during that time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That is incorrect. Breaks should have always been "off duty" time. The pay has no bearing whatsoever. The company could pay you for your breaks and meal, or not pay you, it only matters that you take the mandated 30 minutes and do no work and are relieved of all responsibility during that time.
That may be, but the company reports our 10 minute paid break as "on duty" to the DOT despite the IVS showing it as "off duty". I have no idea why they do that.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The IVIS log is the record maintained for the DOT. They don't actually 'report' your hours to the DOT, they are just required to maintain accurate records for a specific period of time. They aren't required to report violations either.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
The IVIS log is the record maintained for the DOT. They don't actually 'report' your hours to the DOT, they are just required to maintain accurate records for a specific period of time. They aren't required to report violations either.
We have a few drivers that "violate" hos on Mondays to get a short day Friday!