Feeder seasonal road test

jmsampaio

hey guys, I have a road test tomorrow for the seasonal feeder position in NJ, and I’m just trying to figure rue out what to expect. Not sure if UPS runs a pre trip like the dmv does, or if it’s harder or easier. Just trying to be 100% prepared for whatever comes along. Thanks

upschuck

hey guys, I have a road test tomorrow for the seasonal feeder position in NJ, and I’m just trying to figure rue out what to expect. Not sure if UPS runs a pre trip like the dmv does, or if it’s harder or easier. Just trying to be 100% prepared for whatever comes along. Thanks
Better to be more thorough, than not thorough enough.

ManInBrown

What building?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The UPS pre-trip is very similar to DMVs, so refresh yourself on it if possible.

All you'll have to do is demonstrate that you can work safely after that.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The UPS pre-trip is very similar to DMVs, so refresh yourself on it if possible.

All you'll have to do is demonstrate that you can work safely after that.
There is a backing portion after you demonstrate a satisfactory pre trip so he needs to brush up on his backing too. After that it’s the road test which he should be fine as long as he doesn’t hop any curbs.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
didn't you have a couple weeks training? just take your time and be thorough. the pre-trip should be a specific routine . same way every time.

Just took a road test last week. Hit what you can remember on the pre trip. My understanding is it’s more of an evaluation, to see if you do things safely. They will train you in their way. Some things that stood out to me:
Check the 60psi beeper and brake pop out.
They leave trailer brakes released when parked, which I think is nuts.
They use the trailer hand brake on the dash when stopped at a light.
He mentioned I don’t use the clutch much. They want you to use it.
They Honk at pedestrians walking along the road, if they don’t see you
Leave enough space to get around the car in front of you when stopped.
Be careful climbing in/out of the cab. (Face the cab)
Seatbelt on whenever you’re in the cab, even when uncoupling.
Always take the key when not in the cab.

The trainer was very nice, explained they’re looking for people who are comfortable driving, safe, and trainable.

Mack37

If it’s just the road test to determine whether your hired or not then it’s not too bad. We weren’t required to do any pretrip aside from checking the lights. Drove around fifteen minutes and backed the trailer into a spot. Done. I’m sure it’s dependent on your location, though.

Oddly enough, the location I hired on at just started road testing seasonals that year as they kept hiring guys that couldn’t drive and didn’t figure it out until they finally hit the road. Strange place.