Feeders Pre trip

Cementups

Box Monkey
His driving the big rigs going?

Going pretty good. Been taking a lot of different runs to get different experience. I've only pulled doubles once and that was the first day. I should really take a run that requires me to set them up daily so I get used to it but I keep taking stuff with long boxes.

Monda was fun. I got held up at Amazon and then got detoured in traffic because there was a bus rolled over on I-95 that shut the highway down. 3 hour detour. Then once I was leaving the next stop I got caught in rush hour traffic around Baltimore bring to get back to HARPA. I didn't make it and ran out of hours 30 minutes south. Had to park it and wait for a ride. 2 hours I waited and then the 30 minute trip back to the building. 16 hours paid on Monday.

Probably the same way drivers pull out of the garage and don't shut the back door.

Or load charts still hanging off the back, flapping in the wind...

Going pretty good. Been taking a lot of different runs to get different experience. I've only pulled doubles once and that was the first day. I should really take a run that requires me to set them up daily so I get used to it but I keep taking stuff with long boxes.

Monda was fun. I got held up at Amazon and then got detoured in traffic because there was a bus rolled over on I-95 that shut the highway down. 3 hour detour. Then once I was leaving the next stop I got caught in rush hour traffic around Baltimore bring to get back to HARPA. I didn't make it and ran out of hours 30 minutes south. Had to park it and wait for a ride. 2 hours I waited and then the 30 minute trip back to the building. 16 hours paid on Monday.

Or load charts still hanging off the back, flapping in the wind...
Good in your new adventure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We do that every day when we get in the tractor, so how do you forget it?
The dot air test has steps that you do differently than a ups pretrip air leaks test...its similar but not exact.. along with the verbiage the dot wants... we just do it without thinking

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Watching all of these package car guys drinking rockstars and smoking their vapes...really?? You do that greeno???

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I just went through 2 week feeder school and got my CDL !!!!

I thought the same as you. How am I going to remember all 100 points of the pre trip ?
The pretrip is easy as long as you do everything the same way and don't skip over parts as you scan the truck.
During school, we would take a video from our phones as someone good pre tripped down the exact truck you'd be taking to the test.
This made it easy to watch at home and study. It became second nature as my test day came.

If you speak confidently through the pretrip and nail your air brake tests, you'll make an impression on the DMV instructor.
I want my trailers on time...

Over 70

I got my Class A 5 years ago. Nowhere near as involved as everyone describes here. I heard about them making it harder right after I got mine though like another poster mentioned.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I got my Class A 5 years ago. Nowhere near as involved as everyone describes here. I heard about them making it harder right after I got mine though like another poster mentioned.
I'm glad they are making it harder. The physical is tougher too. And I just learned to renew you have to show birth certificate or passport and proof of residency for your state.

All good things. Maybe it will weed out the poor and mediocre drivers that seem to clogging up our highways especially in NorCal.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
2c82b290f6a4db041294c4cd0a3e8991f9ba0e1010c9f52578c21ceb6545b95a_1.jpg

This picture is pretty accurate...