Female Sorters

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Haha actually while we're on the topic, there is this guy I work with who I'm interested in...

Seen a lot of girls come through my smaller center. And a lot leave.
The ones that end up getting involved with guys typically get hurt. Most of the guys here are bored, have no money, no futures, and no inhibitions.
They'll use you.

Be careful.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just do the best you can and use the methods you were trained with so you don't get hurt. In time you will earn respect.

BTW don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
At the center I worked in for 32 years the sorters and loaders were predominantly women. They relegated the men to unloading the trailers. The female loaders were waaaay better package car loaders. God help you if you came in to work and saw one of the guys loading up your route...you were done.

Anyway, just do the job the best you can and you'll be fine. There's no need to show or prove anything like "I'm as good as the guys." Good luck.

El Correcto

god is dead
The only thing that would impress me is the women who file grievances. We have a lesbian steward who is top notch, good people.

but most women in this job I’ve ran into are kiss asses who come in with this I work just as hard as men attitude or they are sadists who go into management to break balls all day.

Determined_Cat

From one woman to another, and as someone who has worked with mostly men for many years, yes, you do have to prove yourself or they will never respect you. They will think you got where you are because of who you know. If your body hurts, take Aleve/Advil. Don’t be THAT woman the guys think will run to HR after the first off-color joke. Yes, you do need to establish boundaries but I’ve found things go over a lot easier with humor. It’s great working around guys. I prefer it much more than working with women. Guys are more fun.

I have to say, I haven't been working all that long (just a few weeks really) But I find myself spending more time trying to show that I'm actually capable of doing this stuff. I keep having to try and reassure my coworker 'yes I'm good' No I'm not that tired. If I get tired I'll tell you, or I'll ask to go home. If I don't do that? LET ME KEEP WORKING.

Stop worrying about me so much I know my body, I might have female parts but if I was a guy you would NOT be worrying this much about me working this hard I'm sure. It's frustrating.

wowirock

One of the best sorters I have encountered was a young female. She is now my driver helper and kicks ass. Not because she is female, but because she is just a solid worker.