Female Sorters

Justaloader

I dont know if you've noticed but most of the loaders are children in highschool.......

Most - not all. Funny you mention this - actually had someone try to guess my age the other day. They said I had to be in my late 20's.....I'm in my late 30's - almost finished with high school though!

quad decade guy

I find myself working exhaustively in order to try and prove to all my co-workers (which are all men) that I can sort just as well as they can. Just here looking for some conversation with sorters/female sorters. Or other female UPSers

Then just do it. The job is what it is. Get to it. Nobody gives a crap until they have to help you because

you can't do the job physically. You want a tough, physical job that is mostly male for a reason?

Quit whining and just do it. Like the rest of us.

quad decade guy

I 100% agree.....there's this one woman who used to sort with us and she had issues with everybody...always yelling and complaining about something. And I know the guys hated working with her....now she gone because she got replaced....by me. So I just want to prove that not all women are whiney bitches and can actually do the work. Kudos to you

You sound whiny to me. Prove what to who? Just do your job. That will get you respect.

542thruNthru

You sound whiny to me. Prove what to who? Just do your job. That will get you respect.
kettlecalling.gif

Dr.Brownz

I find myself working exhaustively in order to try and prove to all my co-workers (which are all men) that I can sort just as well as they can. Just here looking for some conversation with sorters/female sorters. Or other female UPSers

You are foolish to feel this way. UPS will abuse your good work ethic. Work at what ever pace you feel like but remember you can't smash your joints with extreme force and except them to work perfectly forever! It's not a race! I'd say friend your co workers work safe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have to say, I haven't been working all that long (just a few weeks really) But I find myself spending more time trying to show that I'm actually capable of doing this stuff. I keep having to try and reassure my coworker 'yes I'm good' No I'm not that tired. If I get tired I'll tell you, or I'll ask to go home. If I don't do that? LET ME KEEP WORKING.

Stop worrying about me so much I know my body, I might have female parts but if I was a guy you would NOT be worrying this much about me working this hard I'm sure. It's frustrating.

This stuff is pretty well hard wired into guys. Most are protective of women, particularly those of us with wives and daughters. All the sensitivity training in the world won't change that. Don't take it as a sign of disrespect.