Ferguson Missouri

Overpaid Union Thug

No, you're welcome.

I enjoy how you quote only one source (the Annie E. Casey foundation, by the way, started by the founding father of UPS, Jim Casey, plus a few of his siblings, named in honor of their mother).

The facts you're quoting have literally nothing to do with the reality on the ground.

You scream about personal responsibility, yet you completely ignore the very well documented facts that blacks and whites in this country don't start out with the same deck of cards.

I'm not calling you racist, I'm calling you dense.

I like how you cling to statistics in your original argument.

I provide statistics, you tell me I'm somehow faking things.

If you don't like the 'statistics' I provided, perhaps you'd care to provide some 'statistics' yourself?
Oh you silly liberal. You are ignoring the topic. I provided proof (concrete proof) that a large percentage of black children don't have fathers in the home. And all you did was provide links to the nothing but the same old whining and excuses (blaming the white man) as to why so many blacks are in jail and other nonsense that doesn't even refute the link I provided. Are you saying that the stats, which were accumulated with help from The Census Bureau, and can be found elsewhere, are just made up? Are you saying that a large percentage of black children don't live without a father in the home? If so then I must tell you that you are the one that is dense.

But don't worry....the NAACP and other BS liberal websites have plenty of lies and propaganda (that blames others for the black plight and ignores the real problem) for you to force feed yourself and make you feel like you are actually informed on the subject even though you are not.

MAKAVELI

Oh you silly liberal. You are ignoring the topic. I provided proof (concrete proof) that a large percentage of black children don't have fathers in the home. And all you did was provide links to the nothing but the same old whining and excuses (blaming the white man) as to why so many blacks are in jail and other nonsense that doesn't even refute the link I provided. Are you saying that the stats, which were accumulated with help from The Census Bureau, and can be found elsewhere, are just made up? Are you saying that a large percentage of black children don't live without a father in the home? If so then I must tell you that you are the one that is dense.

But don't worry....the NAACP and other BS liberal websites have plenty of lies and propaganda (that blames others for the black plight and ignores the real problem) for you to force feed yourself and make you feel like you are actually informed on the subject even though you are not.
You silly white person. Your own links shows that there is more white single parent homes than any other race.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
A single parent home doesn't constitute a broken home nor does that statistic show how many fathers are in their kids life or not. Secondly according to your link there is 6.5 million black kids in single parent homes vs 9.2 million white kids. Seems like with all the advantages whites have, there's a much more serious problem with white families.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=broken+home
broken home
a house containing a family that is set apart due to tensions and certain problems. ex: a kid's parents constantly fight and he/she feels lonely, depressed, angry. that is a product of a broken home, who may usually get away from the problems by doing bad things (drugs,drink,etc...). broken home can range from a project in NY, a suburb, or ironically, a 5-story mansion

No, thank you for showing your ignorance.;)

I come from what ended up being a single parent home.
I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, it was broken with 2 parents, not 1.
Thanks for playing.

It's not the only definition.
Single parent homes are not necessarily broken.

I saw the definition from the urban dictionary on what a broken home is defined as.

But every other dictionary had the same definition as I had said.

I posted these in 2 separate posts, but somehow they never made it by the mods.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/broken-home

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/broken home

http://www.yourdictionary.com/broken-home#wiktionary

http://www.allwords.com/word-broken+home.html

http://psychologydictionary.org/broken-home/

You guys have found the 1 definition that is out there that says something other than a broken home is a single parent home.

I commend you for being able to find it.

Everything else says the exact same thing as I did, and contradicts what you all have said.

Now, thanks for playing.

Game over.

mjjlohn

Definitions: In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation.

Anyways I found one more definition that can include cohabiting couples

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My kids were 8 and 10 when my ex and I separated. We divorced 2 years later. I brought them to school every day and we spent every other weekend together. Both are college graduates with solid jobs.

Statistics only tell part of the story.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Friendly reminder:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

realbrown1

My kids were 8 and 10 when my ex and I separated. We divorced 2 years later. I brought them to school every day and we spent every other weekend together. Both are college graduates with solid jobs.

Statistics only tell part of the story.
Broken homes are better than homes that have 2 parents always fighting. IMHO.

As long as both parents put the kids first, which most don't do in my opinion, it can work.

But I am not an expert at divorces.

My mom's parents were married 58 years.

My dad's parents were married 40 years before my grandfather passed away.

My parents will celebrate their 56th wedding anniversary in June.

And I will be married for 26 years next month.

Seems that my family doesn't do divorces.

realbrown1

Definitions: In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation.

Anyways I found one more definition that can include cohabiting couples
That's from your link provided by the way, game over~

You made no sense.

None of your scenarios is relevant.

I do not know where you were trying to go or why.

But if it made you feel better, ok.

Overpaid Union Thug

You silly white person. Your own links shows that there is more white single parent homes than any other race.

Are you the dumbest UPS employee on Earth or what? Of course there are probably more white single parent homes. Because THERE ARE MORE WHITE PEOPLE! LOL! You do realize that we are talking about percentages here right? Oh wait....clearly some of us are and the rest (that being you) are too dense to figure that out. That is clearly the disconnect here. How silly of me to overlook that and I do apologize for not dumbing things down so that you could understand. So pay close attention because here it goes.....

The stats show that 67% of black children don't have a farther in the home. That means roughly 67 out of 100 of the homes don't include a father. Or 2/3. Understand now? My link says 25%. That means 25 out of 100 for whites. Or 25/100. So, your concentrating on the grand total instead of the percentage as your argument is irrelevant. Factor in government payments and benefits and it is clear that these families don't necessarily need the father's. Although..... only a fool would actually prefer that way. For many reasons.

MAKAVELI

Are you the dumbest UPS employee on Earth or what? Of course there are probably more white single parent homes. Because THERE ARE MORE WHITE PEOPLE! LOL! You do realize that we are talking about percentages here right? Oh wait....clearly some of us are and the rest (that being you) are too dense to figure that out. That is clearly the disconnect here. How silly of me to overlook that and I do apologize for not dumbing things down so that you could understand. So pay close attention because here it goes.....

The stats show that 67% of black children don't have a farther in the home. That means roughly 67 out of 100 of the homes don't include a father. Or 2/3. Understand now? My link says 25%. That means 25 out of 100 for whites. Or 25/100. So, your concentrating on the grand total instead of the percentage as your argument is irrelevant. Factor in government payments and benefits and it is clear that these families don't necessarily need the father's. Although..... only a fool would actually prefer that way. For many reasons.
Nothing in your link says 67% of black families are fatherless. You still haven't explained why so many white families are single parent homes.