Fess up

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How often do you forget to use your handbrake and flashers?

I know some guys on more rural roads where they don't think they'll be observed by a sup won't bother. I try to use them all the time but sometimes will be walking back to my truck and it won't be flashing, or I'll go to reach for the hand brake to release it and it will not be engaged.

QKRSTKR

Flashes are one thing. Once a day maybe. There on when they need to be on especially busier streets. Anyone not using the parking brake all the time is nuts and rolling the dice. I have many times bumped the stick and accidentally put the truck on neutral when unloading packages into the cab. Hard to explain a rollaway. That's a cardinal sin in the contract.

Indecisi0n

I impress myself on how fast I can engage the parking brake, put on my flashers, unbuckle the seat belt and be in the back of the truck.

yeldarb

I am consistent with it at every stop. When I was observed for not honking at each stop, I started messing up from trying to focus on the honk. I do not understand the need to honk. Just another task to get observed not doing, I guess.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I honk when there might be a dog or if I'm in a place someone could back into me but I certainly dont always honk at every stop like I should.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Flashes are one thing. Once a day maybe. There on when they need to be on especially busier streets. Anyone not using the parking brake all the time is nuts and rolling the dice. I have many times bumped the stick and accidentally put the truck on neutral when unloading packages into the cab. Hard to explain a rollaway. That's a cardinal sin in the contract.

I have never disciplined a driver for not honking if it was reasonable not to honk. But a rollaway where it is found the parking brake was not engaged... Good night Irene!

yeldarb

Why before the house and not AT the house? To let the neighbors know that someone else is getting a delivery?[/QUOTE]
I have brought that up. It is apparently to let any loose dogs know I am there, so the dog won't get startled and attack.

kingOFchester

I do not honk.

There are laws in some communities that prohibit horn use unless in an emergency. I do not think delivering Tupperware of the month to Aunt Fanny constitutes and emergency.

Example: The entire state of Washington has a law that will fine drivers $124.00 for using a horn other then for emergencies.

U

uber

Handbrake never. Flashers once in a great while. I forget to pull in my mirror quite often though. I never honk. I'm there to deliver their packages not annoy them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Honk 2 houses before stop. Use hand brake at every stop. Use flashers as needed.

2 houses before? Are you serious? You must be smokin some wierd stuff if in the old "bubble of goodness" if that is what you do. Do you yell "UPS" before you even open the door at a business?--I bet you do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Always flashers and handbrake. Not always honk. In some areas people get mad if you honk too much, and in bad neighborhoods you are calling attention to that house and increasing likelihood of theft.

J

jibbs

UPS driver never honks at my house. :sad-little:

We always know when he's here, though. The second that PC starts making noise within 2-3 blocks of my house I gotta get the dogs out back or muzzle 'em up. I'm not sure what it is but it seems like every dog I've ever known has its own personal vendetta against every deliveryperson it's ever seen.