Fess up

WorknLateHuh

Does Telematics account for flashers on or off? Once in a while i'll forget. I hate the old trucks where the "flashers" button pops out on its own sometimes, basically deciding for itself that it would be better to have no flashers on a really busy main road with cars passing you at 55mph.

WRITTEN UP... then the next day, nothing is done about it... good times

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Handbrake never. Flashers once in a great while. I forget to pull in my mirror quite often though. I never honk. I'm there to deliver their packages not annoy them.

When you do remember to pull your mirror in, how do return it to a functional position?

AKCoverMan

I sometimes have a problem with the 4ways not out of forgetting to use them but having them be on when I think they are off or vice versa.

We have a number of cars where the turn signal indicators sit right behind the steering wheel and there is no sound made by the signals. The switch for the 4ways is the push button on top of the steering column behind the wheel itself so awkward to get at. Apparantly the people who design these things actually thought we would only need the 4ways in an emergency not like 200 times a day!

Anyway this switch is the kind where if you don't press it down just right it dosn't "take" so now you think you have turned on the 4ways when you have not. The turn signal indicators are dead in line behind the top of the steering wheel and the turn signals have no sound so it is easy to miss this. You end up either with no 4ways on at the stop or with the 4ways on while riding down the road. Ticks me off when I catch myself doing it.

I have brought this up as a saftey issue but have been told D.O.T. only requires visible OR audible indication of the signals. Technically it is visible if I lean way forward or scrunch down. But I think I would be 100% if I could hear that the 4ways were on or off. My thought is why do we only need to meet the D.O.T. minimum?

However I do get that I am the cover driver and if it's a bid driver's regular car and he/she does not want audio then so be it. My pet peeve is the stupid alarm telling me my headlights are still on while I am DRing a package. Annoying.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I pull up to house, tap horn twice, kill engine and open bulkhead while pulling handbrake, unbuckle and grab package and out the door while closing bulkhead. All habit. In a busier more heavily trafficked area I will also pull my hazards.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I pull up to house, tap horn twice, kill engine and open bulkhead while pulling handbrake, unbuckle and grab package and out the door while closing bulkhead. All habit. In a busier more heavily trafficked area I will also pull my hazards.

Pull up, kill engine, unlock bulkhead, release seatbelt, pull 4-ways and set brake (or set brake and pull 4ways). I have to release seat belt first because it's not long enough for me to reach down and grab hand brake. I admit - most of the time when I am stop to stop my 4 ways are almost always on. Area to area, not as much. Honking?? Only when I need someone. Sig Req, perishable, DFU etc.

bbsam

Staff member
A note to mechanics out there: I had an automatic transmission truck put "out of service" by the DOT because of a faulty e-brake.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
A note to mechanics out there: I had an automatic transmission truck put "out of service" by the DOT because of a faulty e-brake.

i don't doubt that a bit. they should also be adjusted on both ends so they do something. should be more accurately referred to as parking brake. your goose is probably already cooked if that is all you have left in a loaded vehicle at speed.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The 2nd point in the 10 point commentary says "When stopped in traffic, one Carlength space, set E-brake"

I don't call it a hand brake