Few questions about Lock-in rides...

S

selfcancelsignal

Work as though your boss is sitting there everyday and you'll be ok , many rtes are paid over before you even leave the building !!!! Use all methods and walk at brisk pace and there's not a God dam thing they can do to you !!
I've been really working on the methods of late, but walking at a brisk pace is unnatural. Always looks like you've got a turtle head poking out. I prefer walking at a between brisk & slug pace. [emoji4]

S

selfcancelsignal

Just had an ojs ride today. First one in ten years. Funny thing was my route was trimmed up. A lot less area, and just so happened my normal loader called out and my load was loaded perfectly stop for stop. Funny how that happens. Have to add just filed a few grievances for going over 9.5 while being on the 9.5 list.
Not a fan of the 1 year ride & supes helping carry pkgs. along with a massaged load. Always hear rumors of them doing times studies when this BS occurs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not a fan of the 1 year ride & supes helping carry pkgs. along with a massaged load. Always hear rumors of them doing times studies when this BS occurs.

NEVER EVER let a sup carry stuff for you or open doors. It will come back to haunt you every time. Make them appear to be inconsiderate slugs to your customers. Many times I had a customer chew out a sup for not "at least being nice enough to open the door for me". That's when you just chuckle to yourself as they are being reamed.

wayfair

swollen member
during safety rides, my supe will straighten out the load while I'm away from car.... So I tell him, "why aren't they doing what must be done"
\
He doesn't like to work past 6pm...... joke

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Days tend to go faster due to people thinking your in trouble so they don't talk as much as they normally do.
i introduce them to my boss,and say things like' tell him how much you love me!" wow that adds time AND it pisses off the supervisor to NO end =)

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a female center manager for a few years. We didn't see eye to eye-- in fact she hated me and visa versa. Many times when she was riding with me a customer would ask if she was my wife or girlfriend. That used to really piss her off.

By The Book

Just had an ojs ride today. First one in ten years. Funny thing was my route was trimmed up. A lot less area, and just so happened my normal loader called out and my load was loaded perfectly stop for stop. Funny how that happens. Have to add just filed a few grievances for going over 9.5 while being on the 9.5 list.
If they are only riding with you 1 day don't worry. If they are going for 3 days it sounds like they are trying to lock you into a higher SPORH... I would file a retaliation grievance, the timing is too coincidental.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The only OJS rides I ever get any more are the annual certification BS rides. They always do them on nice sunny days because the scenery on my route is so enjoyable. Im not joking either. They get the safety drivel out of the way first thing and after that its just a sunny day in the country that gets them out ofthe office. I let them help me, its not a production ride so I dont care about the numbers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just follow methods and take zero shortcuts. Very easy to look worse on paper that way. The important thing is to look the same or worse. Never better.