Few questions about Lock-in rides...

underworked1

I've been really working on the methods of late, but walking at a brisk pace is unnatural. Always looks like you've got a turtle head poking out. I prefer walking at a between brisk & slug pace. [emoji4]
I've got a few different paces. Regular pace which is quick. After 4:30 which is slower, and Saturday air which is the pace of someone using a walker to assist them.

underworked1

I have never had a lock in ride so I wouldn't know.

We had one driver who was on their radar for production issues. He was given several rides and as far as I know his route was unchanged.
Union position is everyone is different. What takes upstate 5 hours to do may take me 8. I've been 3 hours over on many occasion when they throw me on routes I've never really been on. But they never give a guy his 3 to 5 days training on a route so what do you expect first week. When I first started I got 2 days on route training with 140 stops. First day by myself 160 with different areas than I was trained on. Disaster...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Union position is everyone is different. What takes upstate 5 hours to do may take me 8. I've been 3 hours over on many occasion when they throw me on routes I've never really been on. But they never give a guy his 3 to 5 days training on a route so what do you expect first week. When I first started I got 2 days on route training with 140 stops. First day by myself 160 with different areas than I was trained on. Disaster...
Yep... They don't care just throw you out there

Overpaid Union Thug

Perhaps but could it be that the driver likes to spend a little too much "visiting" with his customers during the day?

We had a driver like this. He would spend most of the morning BSing with his customers and then have to pick up the pace in the afternoon to get done in time.
So that automatically means every single UPS driver in the country is spending too much time talking to customers??

Overpaid Union Thug

I do enjoy your narrative that hourlies are always in the right and management always in the wrong. It's pretty entertaining.

A lot of the guys who end up getting production rides run a (for example) 16 SPORH average Monday-Thursday, but magically every Friday it jumps up to 19 or 20. Amazing how that works.
My narrative isn't that the drivers are always right. My narrative is that Management's numbers are almost always wrong.