Few questions about Lock-in rides...

barnyard

KTM rider
A bunch of years ago, someone did post here that they were fired after their lock in ride. There were a few rides after that, but the jist was that during the rides, the driver came close to scratching, no supe along and 90+ minutes over-allowed. Fired him for not being able to work independently or without supervision or something like that.

I cannot remember if it stuck or not.

The key is doing it the same way, all the time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All the more reason....

To be a dues paying member, in RTW states.

-Bug-
But the people in the south are independent "thinkers" who want to do it for themselves.... No Union.. No government telling them what to do...I'm sure Alabama and Mississippi probably have another reason why they continue to be last in the union for education and low paying jobs....

BrownTexas

But the people in the south are independent "thinkers" who want to do it for themselves.... No Union.. No government telling them what to do...I'm sure Alabama and Mississippi probably have another reason why they continue to be last in the union for education and low paying jobs....
We apparently are all suckers who think if we work real hard we will get somewhere in life. I've been pasted up one too many times at other jobs busting my ass just for someone who knew the boss to get the job.

browned out

Ask your sup for the delivery records for all days they rode with you. That way when the sups are not forthright with the load; you can have the evidence to back it up. A 3 day ride sup pulled all a drivers bulk stops, apartments, COD's and overweights. SO when ups mgmt. questions why your numbers are not as good; you will have the answer.
"well on my 3 day ride; I did not have the super slow, signature required apartments, the bulk stop that requires 3 trips up 3 flights of stairs, etc."

You have a right to the documentation.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's called intimidation.
I do enjoy your narrative that hourlies are always in the right and management always in the wrong. It's pretty entertaining.

A lot of the guys who end up getting production rides run a (for example) 16 SPORH average Monday-Thursday, but magically every Friday it jumps up to 19 or 20. Amazing how that works.

BrownTexas

I do enjoy your narrative that hourlies are always in the right and management always in the wrong. It's pretty entertaining.

A lot of the guys who end up getting production rides run a (for example) 16 SPORH average Monday-Thursday, but magically every Friday it jumps up to 19 or 20. Amazing how that works.
It's because I walk faster to get the job done. This job is a marathon not a sprint. You can't expect anyone to keep that kind of a pace up everyday of their work career. Safety first.

wayfair

swollen member

how early did he show up to fix his load?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ask your sup for the delivery records for all days they rode with you. That way when the sups are not forthright with the load; you can have the evidence to back it up. A 3 day ride sup pulled all a drivers bulk stops, apartments, COD's and overweights. SO when ups mgmt. questions why your numbers are not as good; you will have the answer.
"well on my 3 day ride; I did not have the super slow, signature required apartments, the bulk stop that requires 3 trips up 3 flights of stairs, etc."

You have a right to the documentation.
They stopped giving us records because drivers were using them against management... Lol... They can scam us with them but we can't use them to back us up...typical corporation

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Your sporh can flex on a daily basis 2 or 3 stops ... I don't feel that is out of the ordinary if you have a decent load one day and crap the next....but I do know guys who do a certain amount of stops and get back in 8.5 hours(runners and scammers) then on an 8 hour day they want 50 less stops to be back in 8... Lol and they get all bent out of shape when mgt calls them out on it ... The coin does have two sides

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's called intimidation.
That's all the company has really....part of that is the unions fault for making it a pain in the ass to get rid of anyone.... The joke around here is " I'm goi g to have to fire you just to have to bring you back...lol" whatever we all know this company scams us with production numbers... Have heard that come out of multiple managers mouths!!

542thruNthru

Well it's Friday for everyone not just UPS drivers. So that college that is usually open is closed today. That shipper that usually make you wait is ready to go and is shipping half of what he usually does. Those apartments that usually need a signature are now home because they left early on friday.

All those things help the day go faster and help you get off more stops quicker. Also yes it's friday! You telling me you don't rush through things to start your weekend?

That being said I'm sure there are drivers that play the system but hell that's what management does also. ;)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well it's Friday for everyone not just UPS drivers. So that college that is usually open is closed today. That shipper that usually make you wait is ready to go and is shipping half of what he usually does. Those apartments that usually need a signature are now home because they left early on friday.

All those things help the day go faster and help you get off more stops quicker. Also yes it's friday! You telling me you don't rush through things to start your weekend?

That being said I'm sure there are drivers that play the system but hell that's what management does also. ;)
Yeah... Isn't mgt done by 330 except for the chump who sticks around until 530 then the oms just act as mgt until the last donkey gets into the barn

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago we were given a lock in ride (3 day ride) just about every year. They used to send up a whole team of suits from Minneapolis IE to do the center. They would carry a clipboard that had three stop watches mounted on it and all day long that's all you would hear--stop watches clicking on and off. Fun times.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Years ago we were given a lock in ride (3 day ride) just about every year. They used to send up a whole team of suits from Minneapolis IE to do the center. They would carry a clipboard that had three stop watches mounted on it and all day long that's all you would hear--stop watches clicking on and off. Fun times.
It's all about an illusion here... If they can mindfuc you into thinking it takes 30 seconds to do a handtruck stop and keep on harassing you about it then slowly and surely many of the members will find a way to do it in 30 seconds even though in real life the average time is 2 minutes... It's a scam.. Straight up scam... Sorry but it doesn't take every driver in the country 6.56 seconds to grab a pkg off the shelf and shut the door and step into the ground... It's totally illogical to think so...