UPSER1987

Would have been another runner, coming in an hr early sorting the truck. That’s just what she/he/it admitted too. Too many of them now.
So the OP comes in looking for advice and a bunch of old heads with nothing better to do, respond with idiot memes, idiot responses bullying tactics and offer zero constructive advice. You are all helping in raising the next generation of…idiots…and UPS loves it. Then you all wonder why people take it upon themselves to cut corners, run , work off the clock etc. I see the same thing in real life. They are uneducated to the job. And that’s UPS AND the union’s fault. And you wonder why you can’t get member to vote and ratify a contract? Don’t be mad when you eat the next :censored2: turd contract UPS kicks your way. Uneducated members tend not to vote. Some “brotherhood “.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
So the OP comes in looking for advice and a bunch of old heads with nothing better to do, respond with idiot memes, idiot responses bullying tactics and offer zero constructive advice. You are all helping in raising the next generation of…idiots…and UPS loves it. Then you all wonder why people take it upon themselves to cut corners, run , work off the clock etc. I see the same thing in real life. They are uneducated to the job. And that’s UPS AND the union’s fault. And you wonder why you can’t get member to vote and ratify a contract? Don’t be mad when you eat the next :censored2: turd contract UPS kicks your way. Uneducated members tend not to vote.
I’m a 3 year and I voted

542thruNthru

Hey Brown Community.

I am a new driver and I was trying to qualify. I went through my whole 30 days with zero progress reports or any input from my supervisor. I had to learn how to be a driver on my own. The first day for training I was given heat stroke and had to battle dehydration and heat exhaustion the rest of the week.

I walked in last week with no notification after getting there early like usual, to only be told that I can’t finish my full 30 and that I should show up Monday for preload. I went the full time with no incident or accident. I am not sure how to fight it or what I can do…any ideas from those with experience in UPS?

Real feedback only please.
What state are you in? Do you know what local union you are? Were you on the same route everyday. Was it Mon-Fri it Tue-Sat?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So the OP comes in looking for advice and a bunch of old heads with nothing better to do, respond with idiot memes, idiot responses bullying tactics and offer zero constructive advice. You are all helping in raising the next generation of…idiots…and UPS loves it. Then you all wonder why people take it upon themselves to cut corners, run , work off the clock etc. I see the same thing in real life. They are uneducated to the job. And that’s UPS AND the union’s fault. And you wonder why you can’t get member to vote and ratify a contract? Don’t be mad when you eat the next :censored2: turd contract UPS kicks your way. Uneducated members tend not to vote. Some “brotherhood “.
You’re just as useless as that fool

Last edited:

rjh9189

What state are you in? Do you know what local union you are? Were you on the same route everyday. Was it Mon-Fri it Tue-Sat?
PA. No I don’t know which chapter I’m in. And yes and no for my route. They told me that I was to do the lake. Okay cool. But before I even had chance to learn the lake they threw 30 country on top so I never touched the lake until after 1. Others in my qualifying class got the same route everyday no new roads or anything. They were able to drive their route on the weekend to learn it. Mine kept changing so I couldn’t. It was Tuesday thru Saturday and my Saturday route was never the same.

542thruNthru

PA. No I don’t know which chapter I’m in. And yes and no for my route. They told me that I was to do the lake. Okay cool. But before I even had chance to learn the lake they threw 30 country on top so I never touched the lake until after 1. Others in my qualifying class got the same route everyday no new roads or anything. They were able to drive their route on the weekend to learn it. Mine kept changing so I couldn’t. It was Tuesday thru Saturday and my Saturday route was never the same.
Problem is PA has multiple different contracts. Without knowing where in PA or what Local Union it's hard to know which one you're under. Were you training to be a 22.4?

rjh9189

Problem is PA has multiple different contracts. Without knowing where in PA or what Local Union it's hard to know which one you're under. Were you training to be a 22.4?
See I probably should know what that is but I have no clue what the 22.4 is. I truly meant it when my sups didn’t tell me anything.

UPSER1987

Now it makes sense.
You understand why you have to report all accidents now? Lol. Pretty sad you gave the OP (either a current or potential teamster) advice which could be detrimental to him/her obtaining a union position)
Union strong? Lol. Go friend* yourself.

rjh9189

Then why are you all of a sudden reporting to preload if you were never hired for Preload?
I’m not sure. I know they need help in the hub. One Saturday they had 22 people call off. Trucks weren’t loaded it was a mess. I asked why can’t I be used as a runner or a floating helper? I have an active DOT card it just seemed like a waste since peak coming up and drivers quitting.

Box Ox

542thruNthru

I’m not sure. I know they need help in the hub. One Saturday they had 22 people call off. Trucks weren’t loaded it was a mess. I asked why can’t I be used as a runner or a floating helper? I have an active DOT card it just seemed like a waste since peak coming up and drivers quitting.
So you don't know what your applied for?

rjh9189

So you don't know what your applied for?
No I applied and was to be a driver. A brown truck. But they told me it was my 28 days and said labor decided it wasn’t going to work. So I was to start with Preload Monday. I asked what they meant by labor and they never gave me a straight answer. I still can’t get any straight answers about what happened and why I wasn’t granted an extension like everyone else. The other Safety coordinator for the hub said that this should’ve never happened and I needed to fight it. He told me I was to talk to the Regional Manager but he didn’t seem to care at all.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Who are you
this-is-the-hardest-movie-quote-quiz-youll-ever-t-2-2455-1486402527-0_dblbig.jpg