UPSER1987

I'm not picking on them but they have no experience nor do they care about anything except how early can I go home
It is what it is…it’s definitely a lukewarm supervisor pool. All the more reason for hourly folks to be knowledgeable, hands on and accountable to themselves to be successful.
The only person picking on them is the union strong guy that doesn’t report accidents. Talk about a half wit lol.

It is what it is…it’s definitely a lukewarm supervisor pool. All the more reason for hourly folks to be knowledgeable, hands on and accountable to themselves to be successful.
The only person picking on them is the union strong guy that doesn’t report accidents. Talk about a half wit lol.
You cannot use technology to replace years of delivery experience.

I just shake my head at this sometimes

At least @UnionStrong made it to the finish line and doesn't have to deal with the stupidity anymore

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Your one of the problems at UPS. Self important pt boobs that think they know it all. Your nothing. Still talking about a non accident? Pt supes are usually half wits. Best you can do. I’ll put my career against your pathetic one any day.

quad decade guy

No I applied and was to be a driver. A brown truck. But they told me it was my 28 days and said labor decided it wasn’t going to work. So I was to start with Preload Monday. I asked what they meant by labor and they never gave me a straight answer. I still can’t get any straight answers about what happened and why I wasn’t granted an extension like everyone else. The other Safety coordinator for the hub said that this should’ve never happened and I needed to fight it. He told me I was to talk to the Regional Manager but he didn’t seem to care at all.
Regional Manager.....!

UPSER1987

You cannot use technology to replace years of delivery experience.

I just shake my head at this sometimes

At least @UnionStrong made it to the finish line and doesn't have to deal with the stupidity anymore
I see what you did there, but crossing the finish line doesn’t mean it’s ok to demean or make jokes at the expense of others, particularly those new employees seeking some guidance.
There should still be some expectation of passing on a positive legacy. If you’re a jerk or bully here, one can assume that is the case in real life. Teamsters and UPSers are supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. This dudes definitely not the case. He tried to undermine another hourly employee with contrary advice. Weak sauce.

quad decade guy

Just FYI…this is not how it’s supposed to work. First did you attend integrad or any ups formal training? Some of this would have been reviewed there. Second, same route every day and you are trained on road progressively with a supervisor as new areas are added to the route. As I indicated earlier, the driver packet is to be reviewed multiple times during the course of 30 days. What you are doing well and what you need to improve on. Conversations should have focused on safety, service and on road performance (overallowed). Generally the stewards are involved in those meetings as a witness and to answer any questions you may have in the meeting or later. Are you in a multiple center building or a small stand alone building? Smaller buildings tend not to follow protocol. If those things didn’t happen, you probably have a good case for extension or a do over of the packet - especially if you were added areas to the route and never received training in those areas. Don’t be afraid to ask questions of your management team or steward if you are unsure of something.
What is an "extension"?

UPSER1987

Your one of the problems at UPS. Self important pt boobs that think they know it all. Your nothing. Still talking about a non accident? Pt supes are usually half wits. Best you can do. I’ll put my career against your pathetic one any day.
I’m not a pt sup you half wit. You believe anything any jackass tells you? Go ruin another thread, you’re embarrassing yourself here.

I see what you did there, but crossing the finish line doesn’t mean it’s ok to demean or make jokes at the expense of others, particularly those new employees seeking some guidance.
There should still be some expectation of passing on a positive legacy. If you’re a jerk or bully here, one can assume that is the case in real life. Teamsters and UPSers are supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. This dudes definitely not the case. He tried to undermine another hourly employee with contrary advice. Weak sauce.
Unfortunately there isn't much of a brotherhood left anymore.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Wasn’t much of new hire. Didn’t even know what he applied for or the local. More management material I’d say, pt supe maybe. A know nothing 😂 MYODB. You’re not union anyway. A wannabe is all you are.

UPSER1987

OP I hope you were able to weed through some of the garbage posts and find some useful information. PM me if you need anything…I’ll try to help. Good luck!

UPSER1987

He’s really not. He’s being blunt, but he’s right. First thing I was taught is that you as a driver are captain of the ship. If it’s time to take a break, you take it.
The guy admitted to not reporting an accident as captain of his own ship. Who is he to give out advice lol. Dudes got zero credibility.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The guy admitted to not reporting an accident as captain of his own ship. Who is he to give out advice lol. Dudes got zero credibility.
I would need more details. If there was no one there to report him that would mean he didn’t hit anyone or anything important. Not sure if I would count a mailbox. No one is perfect and snitches gets stitches.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Supes dont report their admin mishaps until they are called out on it by drivers.

Unreported accidents balances out life.

UPSER1987

I would need more details. If there was no one there to report him that would mean he didn’t hit anyone or anything important. Not sure if I would count a mailbox. No one is perfect and snitches gets stitches.
Union strong guy here admitted he backed into a house with his ship and did not report it. You either have integrity or not. That is non negotiable.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Union strong guy here admitted he backed into a house with his ship and did not report it. You either have integrity or not. That is non negotiable.
I don’t know man. I only drove package for 2 months and I’ve only been driving feeders for 4 years. There isn’t much chance to hit a house in feeders and if you do then you have no choice but to self report. Dudes been driving long enough to retire so I’m guessing 30 years or more and so much can and will happen in those 30 years. Just saying