Filing a petition to have shop steward removed

broncofand

I work the pm/night shift package handler and the shop steward we have on duty is not protecting the members, this steward acts like he's all 'buddy buddy' with the night manager and there's members that have filed greivance's and the steward and manager will take them upstairs and talk them out of filing and not involving the suits (District Manager) and so most of the members will go to the driver shop stewart to file. This stewart ignores contract violations that happens right in front him and acts like he's out for himself and a large percentage of night employee want to sign a petition to have him removed from his duties because there is no trust and everyone that gets hired starts off in back on the belts but his son was hired 2 months ago and is already in metro and yard certified. If anyone can help please do so

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depends on your building's practice. Some have yearly elections, or every 2 years. Some have no elections unless the steward job is vacated for one reason or another.

You can start a petition to have an election if the majority of the people are dissatified with this steward and someone else would like to take his place.

Talk to your BA.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Sounds about right. I honestly don't understand why these guys become stewards and not do anything. It just seems easier just to not be a steward. I actually wish there was a rule in the contract where if a steward doesn't do what he is suppose to, then employees make a single file line and get to punch him in the face.

barnyard

KTM rider
In our building, we have had a few stewards. All of them have been replaced after someone thought they were getting complacent and asked for there to be an election. Unless someone contacts the BA for an election, we do not have one.