Finally got a response to one of the letters...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Way back on June 9th I sent letters to the elected representatives for my area. I pasted a copy here: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/brownbailout.244596/

I just received the following response from Senator Barbara Boxer.

Dear Ms. Ferraro:

Thank you for writing to me regarding Section 806 of H.R.915, the FAA Reauthorization Act. I appreciate hearing from you, and I share your support for this provision of the House-passed FAA bill.

Like you, I believe that workers who do the same jobs at different companies should be governed by the same labor laws. Section 806 would level the playing field for package delivery companies and their employees, increasing fairness in the workplace and the marketplace.

As a member of the Senate Commerce Committee, I have expressed my support for Section 806 of the House bill and my wish to see this provision or very similar language in the final version of the FAA Reauthorization Act.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or other issues of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Channahon

How lucky for you, I have written to state legislators in Illinois, only to receive responses stating contact someone else. Add to that no response, and my thoughts on politicians in Illinois is they are worthless and only care about their careers and not the people they represent. Just venting, but happy to hear you received a nice professional, personal response from your senator.

Actually Chan,I received a response similar to Cheryl`s from Sen Durbin. I didn`t bother with Burris as I figured he would be in prison before the vote,only half kidding.

browned out

How lucky for you, I have written to state legislators in Illinois, only to receive responses stating contact someone else. Add to that no response, and my thoughts on politicians in Illinois is they are worthless and only care about their careers and not the people they represent. Just venting, but happy to hear you received a nice professional, personal response from your senator.

No reply in Michigan either. Hopefully their actions will speak louder than their words or lack there of.

ups1990

Cheryl. I too received a response similiar to yours from Boxer. Have yet to hear from Feinstein. Guess the Senator, is busy with running the Country.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My center manager put himself of mailing the letters. He forgot to stamp mine. They came back to me at my home. I think he may have been busy poring over send again numbers. Still not sure what he does there.

ups1990

My center manager put himself of mailing the letters. He forgot to stamp mine. They came back to me at my home. I think he may have been busy poring over send again numbers. Still not sure what he does there.
I bet, he won't forget to put a stamp on a warning letter.

Dustyroads

Senator Pat Roberts of Kansas wrote: "Thank you for taking the time to write regarding the Express Carrier Employee Protection provision of the FAA Reauthorization Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Section 806 of this legislation (H.R. 2881) amends the Railway Labor Act to provide coverage to express carrier employees who are in positions eligible for certification under FAA rules and who perform duties for the carrier that are eligible for certification. All other express carrier employees would be covered by the National Labor Relations Act.

Last year, I voted to end debate on the FAA Reauthorization bill so Congress could move forward. Unfortunately the effort to end debate and move to a final vote failed to reach the required 60 votes. I am hopeful that the Senate will consider an FAA Reauthorization bill this year so we can bring the FAA technology into the next generation and protect the public's safety.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. If you would like more information on the issues before th Senate, please visit my website at http://roberts.senate.gov. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter that will provide additional updates on my work for Kansas.

With every best wish.
Pat Roberts

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Hmmm, sounds like a sups attitude(the politicians).

Thats why I didnt write anything. A huge waste of time.