Finally got my own route!

undies

After 10 long years, I was able to get my own route, it's in the ghetto, but it's mine! I was so happy to get the news.

Unfortunately I was deflated a bit when my supervisor informed me that they're going to do a 3 day production ride with me next week...I wanted to leave the drama behind me and here it is back in full effect.

Advice? Tips?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After 10 long years, I was able to get my own route, it's in the ghetto, but it's mine! I was so happy to get the news.

Unfortunately I was deflated a bit when my supervisor informed me that they're going to do a 3 day production ride with me next week...I wanted to leave the drama behind me and here it is back in full effect.

Advice? Tips?
Do what you do!!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Take you full lunch and break at noon. Use it as your dispatch tool. Make them adjust the area for you to make the pick ups. Remember, force them to adjust the numbers for you. Not the other way around.

3 done 3 to go

If it is a production ride. Do not let him help you in any way. Make the extra trips to grab boxes. Don't have him grab doors. He just moves out of your way. And, observes your methods. That is it

undies

I have been doing the route since Feb, as a 9.5 driver they had to cut the stops down to accommodate me. They were actively trying to get other drivers to bid over me, but the drivers felt I deserved the route since I already put the work in to get the dispatch right. Management was upset when I won the bid!

Last night before leaving, I went to talk to my new pen supervisor to try and start our relationship on good terms and he basically started talking about production being over allowed. They had printed out 13 pages of numbers from all the routes I've done since way back to 2014! This is clearly harassment, I am 100% sure if any other driver got the route, they wouldn't even bat an eye.

trickpony1

It may benefit you to document everything.

When you get home write down everything that happened during the day that may come back and bite you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Advice? Tips?

Do you know the route ?

The methods, will always be your friend.

"I am doing the best I can, in the safest manner possible."

Know it.... live it.

Concentrate on driving. Pull over to respond to questions. Even on the highway.

It may benefit you to document everything.

When you get home write down everything that happened during the day that may come back and bite you.

Yep.

Jot down notes while you are on lunch and breaks.

Stops, pieces, miles, etc. Documentation is the key.

Do you have a favorite song ?

It wouldn't hurt to sing it all day long. :biggrin:

There is no such thing, as a "lock in" ride. It's a myth.

And, since you are a qualified driver....

It's not a condition of "continued" employment to be forced to regurgitate

all the safety nonsense, verbatim.

-Bug-

undies

I'm grateful to have a strong Union presence in my building, my shop steward said it was BS and that they wouldn't let them get on car with me.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Advice? Tips?
Remember, it's a job, not a race.

ManInBrown

Don't let the sup hold one door open for you. If they do politely tell them don't do that

Don't walk on a single blade of grass

Don't let them touch one box

Knock ring and announce at every single house stop. Even if it's DR

union4life

Congratulations on getting the bid. After 10 years at UPS I am sure you have seen a few things and they undoubtedly have made a mark.

There is good advice being offered here. Take time to know and practice all the training UPS has had you sign off on. As others have said, the "methods" are designed for safety not speed.

When you focus on proper methods, your production will reflect it. However, as your attention to the details of your job sharpens, your continued efforts will become habits. These proper habits will protect you and give you a foundation to endure the baseless harassment your supervisor will attempt.

When the rides are over and your management team realizes they are waiting their time, they will move one to the next employee.

This is when you show what being a Teamsters is all about. Share your knowledge. Set the example for your brothers and sisters. Show them the way and let them know you have their back.

Solidarity.

undies

Congratulations on getting the bid. After 10 years at UPS I am sure you have seen a few things and they undoubtedly have made a mark.

There is good advice being offered here. Take time to know and practice all the training UPS has had you sign off on. As others have said, the "methods" are designed for safety not speed.

When you focus on proper methods, your production will reflect it. However, as your attention to the details of your job sharpens, your continued efforts will become habits. These proper habits will protect you and give you a foundation to endure the baseless harassment your supervisor will attempt.

When the rides are over and your management team realizes they are waiting their time, they will move one to the next employee.

This is when you show what being a Teamsters is all about. Share your knowledge. Set the example for your brothers and sisters. Show them the way and let them know you have their back.

Solidarity.

Wow. Thank you.

Indecisi0n

OJS'ing you on a route you don't know is only to your advantage. Take no shortcuts- no calling customers for pickups , no holding doors, no having them finding signers when they walk into a business. There are so many scumbag moves they can do to speed you up. Document EVERYTHING.

*edit

Remember to poop everyday.

Last edited:

By The Book

Advice? Tips?
Take all your personal time on area for these 3 days! Take 1 break mid morning, your full lunch, and your 2nd break mid afternoon. If your goal is to get your dispatch close to where you want it that is. Your pace is your pace, remember it's your demonstrated SPORH that you are expected to do. If you take your breaks at the end of your day, and a shortened lunch you will have trouble meeting your own demonstrated performance when you want to take your breaks and full lunch on road.

3 done 3 to go

OJS'ing you on a route you don't know is only to your advantage. Take no shortcuts- no calling customers for pickups , no holding doors, no having them finding signers when they walk into a business. There are so many scumbag moves they can do to speed you up. Document EVERYTHING.

*edit

Remember to poop everyday.

For the next 30 plus yrs.