Finally got my own route!

undies

Just a little update, I didn't get a ride. My shop steward, BA and another higher up local official came down to help, just in case. My manager ended up back pedaling and saying he never really planned to do a 3 day ride. Ho hum.

I'm relieved and grateful. Now I can focus on the new route and trying to "fix" it!

Also, thank you all for the positive feedback and advice! Stay strong brothers.

Fragile

Be very careful if you choose to follow this advice, especially if you are attempting to get a signature at what is clearly a very safe residential DR stop, as it could be considered stealing time.

Says who?

Guy just got the route. He doesn't know who lives there. He doesn't know if they have tenants. He's not familiar with the area. He doesn't know what's inside the package. He doesn't know if they have a dog in the yard. He doesn't know if the neighbor steals. He doesn't know if it will rain today or not.

It's not stealing time. It's ensuring the integrity of the delivery and the customer's package.

union4life

Correct, but the supervisor may decide to make you argue that point from the unemployment line.

Just be careful and try not to be obvious about it. Don't take a signature or try to indirect a shipper release package. I think that is all that is meant by "be careful".

Fragile

Correct, but the supervisor may decide to make you argue that point from the unemployment line.

Just be careful and try not to be obvious about it. Don't take a signature or try to indirect a shipper release package. I think that is all that is meant by "be careful".

You guys all need to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

What's next? You're going to tell me he's stealing time on his OJS with a supervisor right next to him when has to fill up his package car with fuel because he didn't do it before the OJS.