Fines on Ground

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
well, aren't you also fined like, 300 per complaint?
That was my bonus for having no disputes or complaint s.

My case won appeals for a change so we got our bonus back.

I let the ground driver tear up his dirt driveway to his home from now on, LoL

SmithBarney

A Ground driver told me that he gamed the system on the appointment deliveries. According to him, he would sheet attempts that were before the appointment time because he didn't want to be out any later than he had to and the recipients were often home. He said that his employer was penalized if an early attempt was made and that that was a way around it. I wondered how widespread that was.

Well you know even at Express we get "dinged" on a report if we deliver those appointment packages 1min early. We have some very extended routes and the drivers know where almost every person works and will deliver to workplaces instead of home. They'll get dinged even if the customer gets "better" service. Common Sense never prevails at E

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Appointment deliveries started rolling out right before I retired. Glad to have missed out on that crap.

Marketing comes up some real stupid ideas.

SmithBarney

Appointment deliveries started rolling out right before I retired. Glad to have missed out on that crap.

Don't worry, I've actually never had one on my route, and I think we might see 4-5 of these per month. It's a worthless program.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, on the evening deliveries with drivers who clearly will be done way before 5pm... if customer is there have them sign the handsheet and code 16 it at final reconciliation

Would that be "hand sheet integrity" instead???

I may have to use this tactic... as long as the customer agree to it, shouldn't be a problem.

Now to find where they stash those in my terminal

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

However, for those who like to milk the clock, sitting in front of a residence for an hour or more, and refusing to deliver the package after the recipient comes home before the appointment time, is EASY overtime.

bacha29

However, for those who like to milk the clock, sitting in front of a residence for an hour or more, and refusing to deliver the package after the recipient comes home before the appointment time, is EASY overtime.
What does express overtime have to do with Ground contractor incentives? On the other hand it really is not an incentive. There's no way in hell the incentives will be achieved on a consistent basis given that contractor employed drivers are generally paid on a per diem where the objective is to get done ASAP or on a stop basis where the plan is to turn in the highest number of overall stops in a day.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What does express overtime have to do with Ground contractor incentives? On the other hand it really is not an incentive. There's no way in hell the incentives will be achieved on a consistent basis given that contractor employed drivers are generally paid on a per diem where the objective is to get done ASAP or on a stop basis where the plan is to turn in the highest number of overall stops in a day.
My bad for not explicitly stating I was referring to Express.

bacha29

Is that before, or after it absorbs Express?
Never said that it would but rest assured salesman from Ground will be out there trying to divert freight from express to ground. But reports coming out about ground terminals collapsing under the weight of excessive volume might have shippers thinking twice about doing that.

CJinx

A Ground driver told me that he gamed the system on the appointment deliveries. According to him, he would sheet attempts that were before the appointment time because he didn't want to be out any later than he had to and the recipients were often home. He said that his employer was penalized if an early attempt was made and that that was a way around it. I wondered how widespread that was.
It happens often enough that whenever a driver turns in a handsheet for a premium service/CDO, it's assumed to be fraudulent. Once had a driver get DQ'd because of it; consignee requested a refund for the evening service which was not provided (he had paid for an evening delivery via Fedex Delivery Manager), he provided video evidence that the driver delivered to him at his place of business at 11AM instead of at his home at 5:01PM (on the hand sheet). Blatant integrity issue, disqualified.

dmac1

I started at HD on the first day they started, and we had appointment deliveries from day 1. I had several evening deliveries that I had to wait 2 hours or more before the scheduled time. I finally started coming in later, like after 10 a.m. and the manager went nuts because he was supposed to be done with his report by 10 a.m. He called the regional manager in, and made a note in my 'file' saying I wasn't a 'team player' when I was supposed to be an independent contractor. After that, I was told that I could release scheduled deliveries to a neighbor with a signature. HD was scheduling deliveries as late as 8 p.m. but demanding that I be in the terminal by 8 am. Made no sense at all.

bacha29

I started at HD on the first day they started, and we had appointment deliveries from day 1. I had several evening deliveries that I had to wait 2 hours or more before the scheduled time. I finally started coming in later, like after 10 a.m. and the manager went nuts because he was supposed to be done with his report by 10 a.m. He called the regional manager in, and made a note in my 'file' saying I wasn't a 'team player' when I was supposed to be an independent contractor. After that, I was told that I could release scheduled deliveries to a neighbor with a signature. HD was scheduling deliveries as late as 8 p.m. but demanding that I be in the terminal by 8 am. Made no sense at all.
Remember, this business model was designed to be a business to business market. Fat Freddy thought he could make the thing become a multi role multi market carrier. To do that the command and control had to be as identical as possible to that of an employer and employee. Settling out of court with no admission of any kind of wrong doing has given him a pathway toward that goal.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well you know even at Express we get "dinged" on a report if we deliver those appointment packages 1min early. We have some very extended routes and the drivers know where almost every person works and will deliver to workplaces instead of home. They'll get dinged even if the customer gets "better" service. Common Sense never prevails at E

It counted as a service failure if not delivered within the appointment window. To say that it defies common sense to provide the customer with the exact service he requested and paid for is ridiculous is how some couriers say "It is inconvenient for me."

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It happens often enough that whenever a driver turns in a handsheet for a premium service/CDO, it's assumed to be fraudulent. Once had a driver get DQ'd because of it; consignee requested a refund for the evening service which was not provided (he had paid for an evening delivery via Fedex Delivery Manager), he provided video evidence that the driver delivered to him at his place of business at 11AM instead of at his home at 5:01PM (on the hand sheet). Blatant integrity issue, disqualified.

Did the driver, in his defense, argue that he was putting the customer first?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It counted as a service failure if not delivered within the appointment window. To say that it defies common sense to provide the customer with the exact service he requested and paid for is ridiculous is how some couriers say "It is inconvenient for me."
We’re talking about Ground here and you’re portraying this as some kind of “white glove service.”

Fantasyland illusions at best.