Fines on Ground

Exec32

You’re absoluely right, they don’t need Express, or the usps or ups.

Yet last week I was delivering amazon on the same street as lasership, amazon,usps, and ups and we were all going to different houses
Sounds like more competition than fedex needs.
So you were delivering Amazon and Amazon was delivering amazon, and USPS was probably delivering Amazon, and leadership was likely delivering Amazon. Writing is on the wall.

dmac1

Sounds like more competition than fedex needs.
So you were delivering Amazon and Amazon was delivering amazon, and USPS was probably delivering Amazon, and leadership was likely delivering Amazon. Writing is on the wall.
I once delivered packages for HD at the same time/location as a ground AND express driver. And it was very common for all three to be in the same area throughout the day. An efficient route for ground, HD, and express is going to be pretty similar in most suburban and rural areas when the terminals are miles away.

Star B

White Lightening
Correct GPRS is only accurate if it can triangulate with cell towers(that's why sometimes you'll have coordinates or not) and even then if it's a tight street, it's accuracy may not be good enough to discern.
GPRS is not GPS. GPRS is a data service. And... we don't use GPRS as AT&T doesn't support it anymore. That was shut down a year or so ago when AT&T shut down the 2G network. We use HSPA/UMTS for the powerpad communications in the AT&T areas.

The MC9500s have GPS receiver built in to it, so it's independent of the cellular function, so even if you are NOACK and in the middle of nowhere, the GPS will still tick every minute and after every eligible scan. It will just transfer as soon as you go back into coverage or when you shoe at the end of the night, depending on how your area is. That's why if you close a scan and quickly try to scan another box or switch from deliverys to pickups and your ppad freezes... it's doing the GPS location stamp(and because the foreground application is single-threaded, it freezes).

You made a mention that "it may not get coordinates"... well, if you're in a building, there you go. Also, without a clear view of the sky, you won't get great precision, however, some buildings will pass GPS if they aren't built like a Faraday cage (metal mesh), but it may just attenuate the signal a little bit causing you to appear to be somewhere else.

(references: General Packet Radio Service - Wikipedia, my knowledge as an AT&T data-sim reseller, M2M Solution for the AT&T 2G Shutdown)

SmithBarney

The MC9500s have GPS receiver built in to it..

Possibly, but last I recall we run MC9500k's but either way they have GPS and last time they tried turning GPS function back on(the MC9500 series default to GPS always on), it drained batteries too fast.

I'm not as concerned about GPS as some are, do you job and it shouldn't be a problem. Do your job well, and you won't ever be looked at.

Star B

White Lightening
that's probably why it only ticks every minute is to minimize battery drain. also with the new GPS units in the truck they will no longer have to use GPS on the power pads they will just interface with the truck GPS units via Bluetooth. if you have a newer phone you can open up the Bluetooth section on your phone and see your trucks GPS unit on your phone.