Fired because a manager didnt like me final thoughts.

drewed

Shankman
No hes really not, I think he comes off with a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty attitude and thusly isnt liked by management. Between that firing and his current one i think then theres one in between.

705red

Browncafe Steward
No hes really not, I think he comes off with a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty attitude and thusly isnt liked by management. Between that firing and his current one i think then theres one in between.
A crappy attitude is not a terminating offense, what you call crappy alot of us call it standing up for yourself.

hyena

I established with clear and convincing evidence that the supervisors lied to the state panel, falsification of company records and did so deliberately and with intent to deceive.The company has done this [kind of business] in the past and everyone that works for [ups] has seen the supervisors do this kind indifferent ways to small group's around there work place.The intent of the company was not to here the grievances that I have turned in on a number of supervisors,and to do what ever it took to do so.The strongly written integrity policy of the company >[arbitrators words], ask me and others it is just for show. When its comes down to the company to use this, it will be all over the company's case when a union members are involved.To determine intent call the witnesses that I gave the [NLRB,OCRC/EEOC,Dol,DOJ,I.B.T. and the company itself.Everybody is afraid of what is on the tapes that I taped on the hearings I was involved with. The tapes will tell the truth to all.

The behaviors of the supervisors were deliberate and intended to defraud and deceive the state panel.These were not"honest errors" it was deliberately and convincing done through willful deceit,personal financial gain and no moral character to tell the truth.I have never lie to either [parties] involved in any case, that is moral character. Why cant they do the same and tell the truth before they are put in prison for breaking civil rights laws.
Sorry about your mother in law UKGuy. This is really interesting can anyone explain or tell me where to go to find out more about this.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yes, good news alright! You certainly have more drama in your life than you deserve. Lastly don't give up tacos, just give up the libations.

helenofcalifornia

Anybody work with the UK Guy that could update us on his current status? I don't think he has a crappy attitude with what he has been through. Drew, should UPS just hire "Stepford" drivers that are all cut from the same pattern? Grow up boy!

Last edited:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Scares me that 14 year olds with walkie-talkies aka supervisors, aka Dreweds, may some day have an effect on the job I do. Do you know that more UPS managers have *()#tchier attitudes than hourlies, but they aren't out on the street. Never thought of that did ya? :peaceful:

drewed

Shankman
My point is we only here his side of the story. From the way he writes I get the impression he brings a lot of things on himself, just like the audio he had up could it have gone down that way? yea of course, but it seems kind of irrational for the LP lady to react the way she did without being atagonized in some way.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

My point is we only here his side of the story. From the way he writes I get the impression he brings a lot of things on himself, just like the audio he had up could it have gone down that way? yea of course, but it seems kind of irrational for the LP lady to react the way she did without being atagonized in some way.

So two wrongs make a right?

Funny, I'm going through a similar dillemma with my management team.

They want to change my job around and job description, and they lie to me and etc.

Should I lie to them too? Should I cheat and steal from them? Should I file a grievance and not let it be known I'm filling? Should I report them for integrity issues without letting them know?

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'll show them the grievance before I file. I'l tell them straight up that I'm going to document everything. I'll be honest and forthright with each person.

Do you really think UK-GUY is in the wrong here without "hereing" the whole story? C'mon, we all know the power trip, egocentric and holier-than-thou attitude most managers and supervisors. Even you as a bottom-feeder sup knows this. The only way to battle with bargaining unit members is to lie, finagel, cheat and steal and cut corners. Otherwise you'd end up with no bonuses, no credibility crappy numbers and so on. I bet dimes to donuts that he has been railroaded completely one way or another.

LiL"Comet"

What do you do?? Idolesswork just wondering are you a 22.3 or something? Why is management want to change your job title or what you are doing as a whole? curious...

UPS Lifer

So two wrongs make a right?

Funny, I'm going through a similar dillemma with my management team.

They want to change my job around and job description, and they lie to me and etc.

Should I lie to them too? Should I cheat and steal from them? Should I file a grievance and not let it be known I'm filling? Should I report them for integrity issues without letting them know?

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'll show them the grievance before I file. I'l tell them straight up that I'm going to document everything. I'll be honest and forthright with each person.

Do you really think UK-GUY is in the wrong here without "hereing" the whole story? C'mon, we all know the power trip, egocentric and holier-than-thou attitude most managers and supervisors. Even you as a bottom-feeder sup knows this. The only way to battle with bargaining unit members is to lie, finagel, cheat and steal and cut corners. Otherwise you'd end up with no bonuses, no credibility crappy numbers and so on. I bet dimes to donuts that he has been railroaded completely one way or another.

I have no issue with the problems that you may be going through.

My issue is this:
I take umbrage with you and anyone else who assassinates the character of an entire group of folks based on their small small association with that group.

Please, when you refer to your management team .... talk about them directly. This goes for management folks also. Not all drivers etc. fit into a mold. Do not focus your anger with your management team on every other management team in UPS.

Most of the employees have a very focused reference point in dealing with management. Each operation has it's own personality, starting with the smallest unit in the center. You only know the personality of the area you work in. AND your personality affects the interaction you get with your team so it is a colored frame of reference as well!

If you come on with attitude you will be treated differently than one of your co-workers!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I have no issue with the problems that you may be going through.

My issue is this:
I take umbrage with you and anyone else who assassinates the character of an entire group of folks based on their small small association with that group.

Please, when you refer to your management team .... talk about them directly. This goes for management folks also. Not all drivers etc. fit into a mold. Do not focus your anger with your management team on every other management team in UPS.

Most of the employees have a very focused reference point in dealing with management. Each operation has it's own personality, starting with the smallest unit in the center. You only know the personality of the area you work in. AND your personality affects the interaction you get with your team so it is a colored frame of reference as well!

If you come on with attitude you will be treated differently than one of your co-workers!

You're 100% right. Then again, I've seen alot of management for a short number of years, a nomad in the system sees alot, and its not just a small group. I am talking building to building. It's the same unethical and atrcocious behaviour in every direction.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What do you do?? Idolesswork just wondering are you a 22.3 or something? Why is management want to change your job title or what you are doing as a whole? curious...

It's a shift in preload. Union is equally to blame, as always. UPS changes jobs, doesn't tell union, union says "deal with it" when people complained.

How convienent, it happens 3 weeks after the annual bid too.

Very poorly managed on all sides. Now we have 8 hour package humpers that should be making top driver rate (there are hub-hub jobs of course making the higher rate) , but the 22.3 getting screwed at 23.12 doing the same work..

This is just the smallest tip of the iceberg....cannot wait to escape! :dead:

UPS Lifer

It's a shift in preload. Union is equally to blame, as always. UPS changes jobs, doesn't tell union, union says "deal with it" when people complained.

How convienent, it happens 3 weeks after the annual bid too.

Very poorly managed on all sides. Now we have 8 hour package humpers that should be making top driver rate (there are hub-hub jobs of course making the higher rate) , but the 22.3 getting screwed at 23.12 doing the same work..

This is just the smallest tip of the iceberg....cannot wait to escape! :dead:

I question the comment that UPS changes jobs and the union says "deal with it". Apparently what UPS did was OK otherwise the union would be all over it. My guess is that this involves a little more physical work for you and you are having a tough time dealing with it.

I helped install the 22.3 jobs in my district and no where do I remember we had to get approval from the union on the job content. It has to be an 8 hour job.

Be grateful for what you have! There are thousands of people who are out of work and pray to God every day for a job like you have.

My guess is that you put out a very negative vibe with your management team and they in turn vibe at the same level.

It is interesting to see that some people can go to work every day and not be affected by management in a negative way and then there are those who have a problem at every turn! Why is that?

I personally like Swiss cheese with my whine! How about you?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
UK, when I saw this thread, I almost didn't even look at it. I figured that it was going to be the same ol same ol. Boy was I wrong.

I wish you all the best. I am sorry for your loss of your mother-in-law. My prayers go out to you and your family. I hope you stick with the program. My best friend is in it also. I understand. Please keep us posted.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I question the comment that UPS changes jobs and the union says "deal with it". Apparently what UPS did was OK otherwise the union would be all over it. My guess is that this involves a little more physical work for you and you are having a tough time dealing with it.

I helped install the 22.3 jobs in my district and no where do I remember we had to get approval from the union on the job content. It has to be an 8 hour job.

Be grateful for what you have! There are thousands of people who are out of work and pray to God every day for a job like you have.

My guess is that you put out a very negative vibe with your management team and they in turn vibe at the same level.

It is interesting to see that some people can go to work every day and not be affected by management in a negative way and then there are those who have a problem at every turn! Why is that?

I personally like Swiss cheese with my whine! How about you?

There's no whining. I actually perform less work than previously inside my bid. ;)

This is because I'm working somene elses bid job, which is clearly a contract violation in our supplement. That makes me (and a couple others) look bad as we're all doing someone elses "easy" job, someone's performing our "easy" bids, and a few are getting the bad end of the stick by humping boxes for 8 hours.

It's an interesting mess that could easily be fixed, but neither the union or UPS wants to actually step in and make something work that would make sense for everyone.

I believed that UPS had to go through the union to make changes to peoples bid jobs?
Example:
X bids a route and another driver bids Y route. One day X goes to work and management tells him that he has to do Y route from now on, and they're switching. X has 30 years, Y has 5 years. Is this legitimate? I didn't know that.