Fired because a manager didnt like me final thoughts.

UPS Lifer

There's no whining. I actually perform less work than previously inside my bid. ;)

This is because I'm working somene elses bid job, which is clearly a contract violation in our supplement. That makes me (and a couple others) look bad as we're all doing someone elses "easy" job, someone's performing our "easy" bids, and a few are getting the bad end of the stick by humping boxes for 8 hours.

It's an interesting mess that could easily be fixed, but neither the union or UPS wants to actually step in and make something work that would make sense for everyone.

I believed that UPS had to go through the union to make changes to peoples bid jobs?
Example:
X bids a route and another driver bids Y route. One day X goes to work and management tells him that he has to do Y route from now on, and they're switching. X has 30 years, Y has 5 years. Is this legitimate? I didn't know that.

UPS has to post the change and the senior employee gets to pick the job especially if his/hers changed 100%. UPS can make a change but the right thing to do is put it up for bid.

You are right - you do not want someone humping packages for 8 hours. There should be a skilled or easy job with a labor intensive job. It sounds like there is an unskilled person putting these jobs together. Nothing the union can do about that but someone should at least educate the person putting the jobs together. This is usually done in IE and HR. Check to see who is doing it and maybe you could get someone to talk with them from a union standpoint.

Good Luck!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

UPS has to post the change and the senior employee gets to pick the job especially if his/hers changed 100%. UPS can make a change but the right thing to do is put it up for bid.

You are right - you do not want someone humping packages for 8 hours. There should be a skilled or easy job with a labor intensive job. It sounds like there is an unskilled person putting these jobs together. Nothing the union can do about that but someone should at least educate the person putting the jobs together. This is usually done in IE and HR. Check to see who is doing it and maybe you could get someone to talk with them from a union standpoint.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Sorry for all the off - topic to the thread originator.

Lesson learned: Nothing will ever change (especially in a hub with sellouts) and one man certainly will never do it. Just fight the battles that are important to YOU.

Be a selfish Teamster....