Fired Because Supervisor was having a bad day

mannyfresh

You have something on your face
the same thing happened to a guy here last year, he did'nt even leave that day because the steward stepped up and set the sup straight

SquirrelBoggie

How would anyone else in your hub know what was said between the two of you? When you turned off the belt the second time...did you explain that it was because of a safety concern? You cannot be summarily fired for not WAD.
The supervisor was screaming at the top of their lungs when I had the belt and theirs a metal train belt in our work area so there's always people around our area, as the supervisor came down to Thea desk , I folowed and the supervsior continue to berate me in front of all the employees. That's how their were witnesses

SquirrelBoggie

the same thing happened to a guy here last year, he did'nt even leave that day because the steward stepped up and set the sup straight
The main union steward on our shift wasn't there, if he woulda been there he would not have let that happen, a few guys did speak up but the supervisor was on a rampage.

rod

Retired 22 years
years ago an old timer gave me this advice. he said everyone has to use what they have to have a hole card with dealing with power crazy supes, whether it is the race card, the gender card, the minority card, the crazy card, etc etc etc.

it does work but its sad that it does work.

All I had dealt to me was the "crazy card" but I used it as often as necessary------and it does work.

AKCoverMan

Well the longer they take to bring you back the larger the back pay grievance check.

How are you "made whole" on a harassment grievance, I wonder. Can't spend an "apology".

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes I did, our union guy was out of town but he called me on the phone and coached me on how to write a grievance up
Ladies and gentlemen; this is the time that you use that saved money and stay out for back pay. Those who are living paycheck to paycheck will eventually give in to "come back today without back pay". This case is open and shut easy money. If I was the steward handling it I would have asked a series of questions to the sup to ensure he knew exactly what we'd do if he insisted this person was fired. This is an easy paid time off case if the OP is telling the truth as it stands.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
your thread is important because this happens more than you think. however, it usually does not get this far. usually a steward diffuses the situation before someone is walked out.

good luck. you should be OK.

SquirrelBoggie

The union guy said theres no doubt I'm getting my job back but they want to hear all sides to the story. Right now the supervisor is saying I was "burning the belt" that's why I was fired. A lot of hearsay been floating around the hub.