Fired for dishonesty

Grantheft

If this is the real story, not only will you get your job back but one must ask why haven’t you already.

Where’s your BA? Steward should of derailed this at the first meeting but your BA most certainly should of had you back to work by now

the last time I talked to him he said that he had a missed call from ups and he called back to set up the meeting and was waiting on them to get back to him and for me to be ready to go to the hearing on any day. So I’m just waiting for the call

Grantheft

Does anyone else find it strange that he supposedly had to be off the clock by 6 p.m just because it was double time?

I worked almost 11hrs that day! I felt it was a good day to cement my positive customer relations and possibly pursue some potential sales leads.

View attachment 276665

(message from my driver sup that day)

I thought it was weird as well, but either way the stewards were there and heard the center manager say that at the pcm to all of us

Grantheft

You were fired for dishonesty. What did they say you were dishonest about??

The center manager didn’t even tell me, they brought me in to the office, he asked me how I felt, i said uhh good? Then he said I was being fired for dishonesty for not telling him about those packages ( I called it in) then that was that basically lol it was like a 2 minute meeting

Grantheft

Yes. Very strange. This time of year ups hands out free money. They do not care the cost of labor. Ive never heard of being back by a certain time because you are being paid a certain rate. I also dont work one extra day, but im sure i would have heard something from somebody in my days in package.

Yeah it was weird to me as well, but like I said in previous posts the center manager told all of us while he was on a microphone during the pcm so all the drivers heard it not just me. I have multiple witnesses including the shop stewards

Grantheft

I worked a little over 10 hours that day. I'm not calling him a liar, but very few of us got off with 8 hours.

man believe me I would’ve loved to work 10+ hours that day, I mean most days even lol. All I can say is that’s what ALL of the drivers in that center were told during PCM

Grantheft

What kind of center manager would fire a driver in December over this type of stupidity. Yes, it was ignorant and a mistake to not sheet all those packages but he wouldn't have been put in that situation if not for the early curfew. The fact that he thought he would have to drive to each address to sheet them missed shows a lack of training knowledge. Why would you sheet something missed if you're at the address, LOL.

That’s what I’m saying man. I know obviously I made a mistake and like someone previously stated I’ve never been in that situation with having to sheet anything when back at the hub, and without the curfew I would’ve definitely finished everything like I did every day that I worked before, but the center manager didn’t really even give me a chance to explain basically just fired me. I walked out the office and literally asked the stewards “yo wth just happened right now”

ski or die

Ski or Die
And you haven't had a local hearing on it yet? This is 3 weeks later.
As a retired steward, after a meeting with Loss Prevention concerning a dismissal of an employee, the LP Manager told me later he knew the employee would get his job back. But his only intention was to get into his pocket with time off and no pay and put a little fear in the employee. The employee did get his job back without back pay. The company will delay the meeting as long as possible to hurt the employee financially.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Noooope lol, the last time my BA called me he said it’s cause they’re busy because of peak season, so he said to sit tight and be ready to go to the meeting on any day

I'm sorry, but they should have had your hearing within a week and put you back to work with time off time served and lesson learned.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As a retired steward, after a meeting with Loss Prevention concerning a dismissal of an employee, the LP Manager told me later he knew the employee would get his job back. But his only intention was to get into his pocket with time off and no pay and put a little fear in the employee. The employee did get his job back without back pay. The company will delay the meeting as long as possible to hurt the employee financially.

Yes, I know, but a good BA will not let it go past 5 days, unless it is something real serious, where a BA might let it go for 10 or 15 days to get time off time served locally and avoid a deadlock which could push it back almost a month.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Now... what did you learn from this experience?

51F50CA4-A225-44DD-B44F-DC3BD335D90C.gif

Gixxer2003

No I didn’t, I honestly didn’t even have time to go to each address and sheet it and be back in by 6. And yeah this is the truth, I have the screen shot of the call I made to the supervisor when I was on the street, he even agreed in the meeting when the fired me that I called him to tell him, the center manager I guess said I should’ve told him, but like I said I was new to that hub at my hub you tell the on road he tells who he needs to tell and that’s it. I guess i need to cover my ass better next time
THATS NOT HOW YOU DO IT IN THAT SITUATION. NEXT TIME U BRING BACK 30 STOPS SCAN 1 PACKAGE SHEET IT AS MISSED THEN JUST SCAN ALL THE OTHER PACKAGES UNDER THE SAME ADDRESS SO IT WILL BE LIKE ONE BULK STOP.. U DONT SCAN EACH PACKAGE ADDRESS INDIVIDUALLY THAT WILL TAKE FOREVER YOU WILL BE BACK IF YOUR TELLING THE TRUTH

Gixxer2003

Wouldn't this be falsification?
NO YOU JUST HAVE TO SCAN THE PACKAGE DONT WORRY ABOUT THE ADDRESS. WE WERE PULLED OFF THE ROAD DUE TO SNOW GETTING HEAVY UP NO ONE FINISHED THEIR LOAD MANAGER SAYS SHEET EVERYTHING MISSED I SCANNED ONE PACKAGE 123 MAIN ST. IT PICKED UP THE ADDRESS IN EDD THEN I JUST SCANNED EVERY PACKAGE UNDER 123 MAIN ST. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS AND AS YOU SCAN THE WHOLE LOAD ITS GONNA RECORD EVERY PIECE MISSED. U ONLY HAVE TO PUT THE FIRST PKG IN AS MISSED THE DIAD WILL DO THE REST