Fired for dishonesty

Future

Victory Ride
so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.
Geeeezuz!

so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.
How long have you worked FOR UPS?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
well you can believe what you want. I’m not here to impress you, but my route times and the fact that my center ordered me my whole set of uniforms and jackets after my first week of probation says more to me than your rude ass does.

I’m not here to impress you, but my route times and the fact that my center ordered me my whole set of uniforms and jackets after my first week of probation says more to me than your rude ass does.

Go gettum tough guy

lmao

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If this is the real story, not only will you get your job back but one must ask why haven’t you already.

Where’s your BA? Steward should of derailed this at the first meeting but your BA most certainly should of had you back to work by now

take your time

As long as this is the complete story. You should be able to get your job back.

But, this is the text book reason on why you do not use your cell phone.

make them message you on the diad only. If you had this messaged to you on your diad there wouldn’t be an issue.

This. This x10000. Always cover your ass. Make sure they message you on the Diad board.

take your time

And I got quality answers, then your :censored2: comes around with your tough guy act on a Friday night with nothing better to do then be on forums looking to start stuff with people for fun. Way to go, champ

He's trying to open your eyes, kid.

He wants you to see that running your ass off (being a "runner gunner") doesn't mean jack to them. They pat you on the back, high five you, etc. But the moment their job is on the line, they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus to save their own jobs. Management isn't your friend. Supervisors aren't your friend. You can't believe how many times I've seen the runner gunners like you chatting with the sups, being "friends".

All those statistics you throw around don't matter to the Center Manager. He fired you.

Always do the right thing. Follow procedure and do this job properly. Don't do anything dishonest even if the Center Manager tells you to do it.

Hope you learn your lesson IF you are allowed to return.

Thegameisrigged

As long as this is the complete story. You should be able to get your job back.

But, this is the text book reason on why you do not use your cell phone.

make them message you on the diad only. If you had this messaged to you on your diad there wouldn’t be an issue.
Shiiid, I’d rather message with my own phone. Proof on deck instead of some “oops, we can’t pull the messages.” Somehow they’ll end up lost like the moon landing tech.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty.

Did you file a grievance on your wrongful termination?

Yeah I had a steward there with me, and I definitely do feel like filing that wrongful termination, I’m just focused on tryna get my job back at the moment then I will proceed from there.

Do you feel like filing or did you file?

If you didn't file a grievance by now, it is too late. You have a time limit to grieve something, even a termination.

Does progressive discipline not exist? I thought that's why everyone loves unions.

Most times, except for what the Union and Company have called Cardinal Sins, usually limited to 5 or 6 things. But the Union can still get you your job back for these Cardinal Sins. Try getting your job back from FedEx after being fired for dishonesty.

JL 0513

What kind of center manager would fire a driver in December over this type of stupidity. Yes, it was ignorant and a mistake to not sheet all those packages but he wouldn't have been put in that situation if not for the early curfew. The fact that he thought he would have to drive to each address to sheet them missed shows a lack of training knowledge. Why would you sheet something missed if you're at the address, LOL.

Fuzzy Brown

I agree man. I’m not here saying I didn’t do anything wrong, I just think there was communication issues between everyone involved.
This is poor training by the company, being a new driver you probably haven’t ever had to bring packages back to the barn without an attempt on them and how to record them.
I don’t see dishonesty and I can’t imagine you wouldn’t get your job back.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah I had a steward there with me, and I definitely do feel like filing that wrongful termination, I’m just focused on tryna get my job back at the moment then I will proceed from there. Thanks for the info! I did not know that I also feel like if I was at my home hub my supe would’ve guided me through that process, but since I was from another hub they didn’t really care or assumed I knew that info. I’m glad I do now for future reference
If you haven't already filed a grievance then you're toast. It's too late now.