Fired for dishonesty

Grantheft

You actually invited the whole world into your situation by posting it but I'm sure being the greatest driver from the hardest Intergrad, you already knew that. Good luck superstar.

And I got quality answers, then your :censored2: comes around with your tough guy act on a Friday night with nothing better to do then be on forums looking to start stuff with people for fun. Way to go, champ

ManInBrown

No man, like I said we were told to be back in by 6 I never had the time to even get to those stops, I called the supervisor he told me to grab the best day air and finish my pick ups and come in, I really think it was just a misunderstanding, plus trust me I never hesistate to stay out late if I need to and like I would’ve if we weren’t instructed to be back in by 6. I have no problem staying out late if I need to
You dont have to go to the stops genius. Think about it. Why would you go to each stop? The point of missed is, you did not attempt the delivery.

You bring everything back, you type in the UPS building address and you sheet all packages missed in one stop.

Its extremely hard...damn near impossible to get fired outside your center. Different hub/different centers you not even liable for DFUs, missed or no scans. NOR DO THEY GO TOWARDS YOUR OVERALL DRIVER STATS. Every package on the route you did could get stolen, as long as you scanned them and stop completed them correctly you are off the hook. You basically cant get in trouble working for another center...Unless you did one of the cardinals...
Just contact the union and keep showing up to work. They know they have to work you.

Re-Raise

Does anyone else find it strange that he supposedly had to be off the clock by 6 p.m just because it was double time?

I worked almost 11hrs that day! I felt it was a good day to cement my positive customer relations and possibly pursue some potential sales leads.

3124E88F-8D51-4C57-9044-A354561AA4B7.png

(message from my driver sup that day)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.
Never call, have them send messages. The sups use the phone so they can backstab if needed.

quad decade guy

Always work exactly as directed. Get it in writing if you can(IVIS). Ask lots of questions.

I was once told to be back in and off by 7pm. Period. No exceptions. OK. I messaged that I still

had one NDA Saver left. Be in by 7pm. I'll miss it. Be in by 7pm. OK. That's what I did.

The following day, intent to terminate.....for the NDA saver? No, seatbelt. Huh? Turns out,

Division Mgr. and Mgr. have been following and filming me(Div. Mgr. hated my guts). Said I

was departing stops while finishing clicking the seatbelt. Ok. Maybe a few times as I busted my

butt for every saved second. Keeping in mind I kept working. Got the steward up to speed

and waited. I then went in and met with the Mgr. alone and had a long closed door conversation.

It wasn't violent or contentious, but calm and rational. After that day, it all went away. Why?

Not really sure. What did we talk about? the job, life, even family. Turns out the Div. Mgr. is/was

the biggest bitch ever created. Mgr. knew it. The Mgr. shared a lot of information that day about

how UPS operated and was run. WOR reports, who's watching what, red flag stuff. What

will get you on the watch list. All very helpful info that I have used and taken to heart ever since.

I see that Mgr. from time to time and have pleasant greetings and conversations.

Brownee

With middle to upper management, it's all about the reports (numbers). If your actions caused an on the reports regardless of the circumstances then the :censored2: flows downhill and action is taken to "resolve" the problem. You're just a number to them and they can care less about your livelihood.

ManInBrown

Does anyone else find it strange that he supposedly had to be off the clock by 6 p.m just because it was double time?

I worked almost 11hrs that day! I felt it was a good day to cement my positive customer relations and possibly pursue some potential sales leads.

View attachment 276665

(message from my driver sup that day)
Yes. Very strange. This time of year ups hands out free money. They do not care the cost of labor. Ive never heard of being back by a certain time because you are being paid a certain rate. I also dont work one extra day, but im sure i would have heard something from somebody in my days in package.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Yes. Very strange. This time of year ups hands out free money. They do not care the cost of labor. Ive never heard of being back by a certain time because you are being paid a certain rate. I also dont work one extra day, but im sure i would have heard something from somebody in my days in package.
I worked a little over 10 hours that day. I'm not calling him a liar, but very few of us got off with 8 hours.

clean hairy

Its extremely hard...damn near impossible to get fired outside your center. Different hub/different centers you not even liable for DFUs, missed or no scans. NOR DO THEY GO TOWARDS YOUR OVERALL DRIVER STATS. Every package on the route you did could get stolen, as long as you scanned them and stop completed them correctly you are off the hook. You basically cant get in trouble working for another center...Unless you did one of the cardinals...
Just contact the union and keep showing up to work. They know they have to work you.
"Please Mr. Thief!
Let me scan out these packages so I don't get fired!"

542thruNthru

Always work exactly as directed. Get it in writing if you can(IVIS). Ask lots of questions.

I was once told to be back in and off by 7pm. Period. No exceptions. OK. I messaged that I still

had one NDA Saver left. Be in by 7pm. I'll miss it. Be in by 7pm. OK. That's what I did.

The following day, intent to terminate.....for the NDA saver? No, seatbelt. Huh? Turns out,

Division Mgr. and Mgr. have been following and filming me(Div. Mgr. hated my guts). Said I

was departing stops while finishing clicking the seatbelt. Ok. Maybe a few times as I busted my

butt for every saved second. Keeping in mind I kept working. Got the steward up to speed

and waited. I then went in and met with the Mgr. alone and had a long closed door conversation.

It wasn't violent or contentious, but calm and rational. After that day, it all went away. Why?

Not really sure. What did we talk about? the job, life, even family. Turns out the Div. Mgr. is/was

the biggest bitch ever created. Mgr. knew it. The Mgr. shared a lot of information that day about

how UPS operated and was run. WOR reports, who's watching what, red flag stuff. What

will get you on the watch list. All very helpful info that I have used and taken to heart ever since.

I see that Mgr. from time to time and have pleasant greetings and conversations.

TMPDR(too many paragraphs didn't read)

Integrity

Binge Poster
so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.
You were fired for dishonesty. What did they say you were dishonest about??