Fired for dishonesty

Grantheft

so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Grantheft said:
so on December 3rd I was fired for dishonesty. The day in question was November 29th, day after thanksgiving. Before i start it’s important to know that my home hub is in LA and i chose to come to this hub in BP for the peak season because they offered a few of us that option and it was closer to my house than driving to LA. Basically what happened was I wasn’t even supposed to work that day cause my route was out but I came in to help out, I got a new route that I’ve never done before (been driving for 6 months). So before we left the hub at our PCM they told all of the drivers to be back by 6pm because it was too expensive for the company to pay us double time by being out past 6. So the route i was on had a sure post which alone is about 2-3 hours of work. Plus 140 stops, and 14 pick ups. So also before I left the hub the on road sup came up to me and told me several times he was going to get me help so I could be back in by 6 like we were told. I go out do my work and around 4 I realize this isn’t going to be finished, I call the on road sup, told him. He told me to finish my pick ups and get the next day air from the ups store and be back by 6. I did that came back with 30 stops that I didn’t have time to complete. That was a Friday so I come back in Monday, work my route. Tuesday I come back in and get fired for dishonesty....idk what I did wrong, I called my on road sup, I let him know, I got back to the hub by the directed time....now I’m just waiting here hoping to get my job back....

Did you sheet the packages as missed? If not, that's probably what the issue is. If what you say is true, it probably won't stick. They might have assumed you knew to sheet the packages as missed and didn't instruct you to do so.

Grantheft

Did you sheet the packages as missed? If not, that's probably what the issue is. If what you say is true, it probably won't stick. They might have assumed you knew to sheet the packages as missed and didn't instruct you to do so.

No I didn’t, I honestly didn’t even have time to go to each address and sheet it and be back in by 6. And yeah this is the truth, I have the screen shot of the call I made to the supervisor when I was on the street, he even agreed in the meeting when the fired me that I called him to tell him, the center manager I guess said I should’ve told him, but like I said I was new to that hub at my hub you tell the on road he tells who he needs to tell and that’s it. I guess i need to cover my ass better next time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You’d think he’d be smart enough to sheet the packages in some way. Hopefully didn’t cover up by sheeting NI1 or something.

Brownslave688

Grantheft said:
No I didn’t, I honestly didn’t even have time to go to each address and sheet it and be back in by 6. And yeah this is the truth, I have the screen shot of the call I made to the supervisor when I was on the street, he even agreed in the meeting when the fired me that I called him to tell him, the center manager I guess said I should’ve told him, but like I said I was new to that hub at my hub you tell the on road he tells who he needs to tell and that’s it. I guess i need to cover my ass better next time
So you didn’t sheet the packages at all?

Grantheft

So you didn’t sheet the packages at all?

No man, like I said we were told to be back in by 6 I never had the time to even get to those stops, I called the supervisor he told me to grab the best day air and finish my pick ups and come in, I really think it was just a misunderstanding, plus trust me I never hesistate to stay out late if I need to and like I would’ve if we weren’t instructed to be back in by 6. I have no problem staying out late if I need to

Grantheft

This is dumb (if it's as told).
Tell the steward, get your job back.

bro I promise you this is what happened. I’m just as confused as anyone. This was my first peak man I was trying to make this good money. And I missed the whole meat of the season basically

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Grantheft said:

Also like I said keep in mind I’m not from this hub i got fired from. And at my hub that I’m from I’m one of the best drivers in my center, I went to one of the hardest Intergrad classes and passed, I’ve never been in trouble with the company. My home hub we all get along from the on roads to my center manager, but as soon as I came to this other hub for peak things went downhill fast and I don’t know how or why. Now I don’t have a job at the moment and I was going to use this money for mine and my fiancé’s wedding coming up, idk I just don’t understand what I did wrong.
As long as this is the complete story. You should be able to get your job back.

But, this is the text book reason on why you do not use your cell phone.

make them message you on the diad only. If you had this messaged to you on your diad there wouldn’t be an issue.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Unless directed otherwise sheet every damn pkg in your truck. During peak I always comb the ob when I get back to building to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Sheet it as missed and move on.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Grantheft said:
When your out of hours or management tells you to come back to the hub. You don’t drive to each address to scan pkgs missed.

you drive back to the building and then scan all the pkgs missed at the building.

Brownslave688

Grantheft said:
No man, like I said we were told to be back in by 6 I never had the time to even get to those stops, I called the supervisor he told me to grab the best day air and finish my pick ups and come in, I really think it was just a misunderstanding, plus trust me I never hesistate to stay out late if I need to and like I would’ve if we weren’t instructed to be back in by 6. I have no problem staying out late if I need to
You don’t have to go to a stop to sheet it missed. You should have sheeted everything missed upon returning to the building. Or at least asked the sup how he wanted you to sheet them. You can’t just not sheet stuff

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Grantheft said:
bro I promise you this is what happened. I’m just as confused as anyone. This was my first peak man I was trying to make this good money. And I missed the whole meat of the season basically
Center manager got his ass chewed over those unsheeted packages, he fired you just so he could tell his boss that he addressed the issue, he might even have been directed to fire you by his boss. He knows you'll get your job back.

Grantheft

When your out of hours or management tells you to come back to the hub. You don’t drive to each address to scan pkgs missed.

you drive back to the building and then scan all the pkgs missed at the building.

I see, well honestly man I’ve never been in this situation. We’ve never had a time limit on us or never have I missed a stop or pick up. And like i said I’m sure if this was my home hub i would’ve been walked through that process.

Brownslave688

Center manager got his ass chewed over those unsheeted packages, he fired you just so he could tell his boss that has addressed the issue. He knows you'll get your job back.
Devils advocate there’s no way he can claimed he wasn’t trained to sheet all packages.

Gonna depend on how hard they want to push it.

Grantheft

Center manager got his ass chewed over those unsheeted packages, he fired you just so he could tell his boss that he addressed the issue, he might even have been directed to fire you by his boss. He knows you'll get your job back.

That’s what the shop Stewart told me too, and I get it. But man it just sucks being here without a job i want to get back in the truck man! And get back to my hub

Brownslave688

Grantheft said:
I see, well honestly man I’ve never been in this situation. We’ve never had a time limit on us or never have I missed a stop or pick up. And like i said I’m sure if this was my home hub i would’ve been walked through that process.
You’re a big boy now with a big boy job. Quit expecting management to hold your hand and cover your ass from now on.

Grantheft

Devils advocate there’s no way he can claimed he wasn’t trained to sheet all packages.

Gonna depend on how hard they want to push it.

Yeah I agree, my hope is that with my clean record and it being a different hub that they just tell me to go back to my regular hub and don’t let it happen it again, which of course it won’t.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Grantheft said:

if you don't understand , how the heck is anyone here gonna understand? come back when you have more info