Fired for not knowing probably

Oh well I just got texted they just got rehired so it’s a training issue with a big lesson learned scan those misloads call the supervisor for everything strap in your dolly, hand truck, and two wheelers That’s what my friend said he was told after the meeting.

Indecisi0n

Guys would steal them, so we chained them up. Then the truck was bricked.
It's happened once that my loader didn't leave room for the handcart(he moved it). I kindly reminded my sup about the "batters box" we are suppose to have and told him I refuse to take the handcart in the cab. When I need a handcart I'll just call the office for them to send a second driver. They sent an air driver out with a cart that morning.

Indecisi0n

"Back when" the 2-wheeler was always loaded in the cab. So were about a hundred packages. I remember times I had to move packages around the shifter each time I changed gears. That's back when they filled the trucks FULL. Have I told you lately how tough we had it?
Back when you guys had square tires?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Back when you guys had square tires?
C3CC4E13-D6C9-4F3F-932F-1D7138DBEB52.jpeg

Technically, he's not fired.

He is either "out of service" or "discharged" pending a Local level hearing.

Unless he has a history of being disciplined for these mistakes, he will be back to work.

It does beg the question....

How much training and attention do you think he requires ?

The company is not a babysitting service.

It's a job, with requirements.

If he can't do it without constant management supervision, they will find someone who can.

I'm guessing he still lives at home....

-Bug-
No it’s was a family friend . And no my grown kids have been on their own for years . My friend shared his luck I thought it was a stupid reason to get fired . Stealing yes and locked up.. other reasons training issues...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh well I just got texted they just got rehired so it’s a training issue with a big lesson learned scan those misloads call the supervisor for everything strap in your dolly, hand truck, and two wheelers That’s what my friend said he was told after the meeting.
How is your sammich making skills Mom?

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
UPS is the last employer I would give excuses to, to fire you.

UPS treat you like the piece of meat and juices that you are. You are nothing to UPS, zero, nada.

Do your job that you’re paid to do. You’re not paid to misload, you’re paid to load and load correctly.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
How many times can you get fired for stupid reasons you left a hand truck in the cab like you have seen other drivers do but you got fired . You forgot to scan a misload.
Things that should be training issues instead you get fired?
Don't listen to these mean folks here. They have worked at UPS so long. They've stunted their emotions much like politician backers today but they've transformed into these personalities over 10,15,35-years.

Forgive what they say, they weren't always this way.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your kid. The beautiful thing is there is a happy, great life away from UPS out there. Just got to search around a little and work at it. In 5-years you'll be thankful. Guaranteed.