Fired for posting video on Facebook

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't think we have pull style fire alarm. If we do I've never seen any. They have a fire drill once a year where the buzzer system plays a different buzz sound.

gorilla75jdw

Facebook / What a load of CRAP

A great outlet for insecure people who have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else to do with their time.

Must be about 200 million sad , depressed people then . I should of went to med school then I could provide antidepressants to all these sad facebook users . Really ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

What's funny is that UPS brought in a UPS truck with the racing flames decaled on the side. Drivers were in the building taking pictures of it and with it.

Totally shows a double standard about the camera ban on UPS property. OMG, there's a boxline behind the truck in the picture. That's a company secret.
EXACTLY

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Reread your original post.....Zero tolerance policy. I know ups has a Zero tolerance policy on workplace violence. If I get into an verbal argument with my center manager and it escalates and I hit her....I would fully expect to be walked out the door....and probably arrested too.
"Unprovoked assault upon another employee" is one of the 7 cardinal infractions that will get you terminated immediately without first going thru progressive discipline.

"Posting video on facebook" isn't.

UPS can proclaim "zero tolerance" for farting or bad breath or having crooked teeth or any other damn thing it wants but when it comes to actually terminating an employee the company is obligated to follow the labor agreement.

"Unprovoked assault upon another employee" is one of the 7 cardinal infractions that will get you terminated immediately without first going thru progressive discipline.

"Posting video on facebook" isn't.

UPS can proclaim "zero tolerance" for farting or bad breath or having crooked teeth or any other damn thing it wants but when it comes to actually terminating an employee the company is obligated to follow the labor agreement.
Thank you

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Man you guys work in tough hubs/centers. My sups are pretty cool in regards to this kind of stuff. I've seen pics posted on Facebook during peak where everything was just stacked up and a couple sups liked it. Snapchat is like the break time ritual. My sup snapchatted me from the center while I was on vacation last week asking if I could come back early. Sent a nice shot of the beach back with the caption "What do you think?"

Sent using BrownCafe App

nystripe96

Every center is different. Mine is fairly laid back, supes & union guys regularly chum it up. That being said I do understand why management would not want hub images posted on social network sites. The outside world simply does not know what the inner workings of everyday operations are truly like & it's clear UPS corporate wants to keep it that way

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

If I get into an verbal argument with my center manager and it escalates and I hit her....I would fully expect to be walked out the door....and probably arrested too.

That's why you need to be SMART and get THEM to strike YOU LOL

Cops came to our building several years ago, SWAT style, helicopter and all, and took away a pt worker accused of a serous felony. The local tv news and paper did stories about it, but quoted an address down the street from our hub and never mentioned UPS.
It's interesting how UPS gets media to spin stories their way.

We used to have a guy at our center on night shift that would regularly be arrested at the building.

He's on the counties Most Wanted list these days.

gorilla75jdw

I haven't seen anything in the contract that said I should have been immediately fired. I wasn't on drugs/ alcohol, I didn't lie about the situation. I just used mis-judgment on my part.
I feel like a stern warning should have been enough. I was very apologetic, and hopefully that will realize that I am a good employee that enjoys my job, and simply messed up.

Let us help you , what exactly did the video show ? Private message me if need be a URL , give me something privately , it couldn't be that bad .

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

Somebody snitched on you. Chances are you're done but ya never know. Good luck.

Somebody snitched on you ? For what , who freaking cares ? He did nothing wrong , not a cardinal sin in the least .

They will read the "code of conduct policy" to you and its over with.

What region /area local are you in . Help me help you . Private message me , this type of bullying crap by the company is something that strikes a nerve with me .

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

Man you guys work in tough hubs/centers. My sups are pretty cool in regards to this kind of stuff. I've seen pics posted on Facebook during peak where everything was just stacked up and a couple sups liked it. Snapchat is like the break time ritual. My sup snapchatted me from the center while I was on vacation last week asking if I could come back early. Sent a nice shot of the beach back with the caption "What do you think?"

Sent using BrownCafe App
EXACTLY again , it's not that crucial or atleast shouldn't be . Like somebody said a few post back , not a cardinal sin in the least " irregardless"lol

Sent using BrownCafe App