Fired! From UPS: Stories About Employees Losing Their Job

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Had a driver get fired/suspended back in prehistoric times before tracking that would take his extended shag stops once in a while and re-ship them out of his pocket through a local same day delivery service. He would get picked up from his wife and remove his shirt and wear a t-shirt in but after the third time or so somebody recognized him and/or his brown pants and they called the 1-800#. He'd use the extra time to swim or visit. He got his job back after 14-16 weeks only by agreeing to no back pay.

Also, my jaw is on the floor how many managers and supes are fired according to y'all. I've known very little... they group together in a 100-mile radius in a good old boys club and protect one another. Meaning a steward is filing on the center manager team a lot, the former center manager tells the division said steward has always been a trouble maker. There has been forced resignations or transfers that often lead to a promotion. Our management problem history mainly circles around excessive laziness or mentally radical or actual niceness when they were instructed by the Ivory Tower to enforce brutality without getting physical and instead they'd refuse to do it. No sex crimes or firearm theft stuff. So it amazes me this happens out there at UPS by center and even division managers. Shocking.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Had a driver get fired/suspended back in prehistoric times before tracking that would take his extended shag stops once in a while and re-ship them out of his pocket through a local same day delivery service. He would get picked up from his wife and remove his shirt and wear a t-shirt in but after the third time or so somebody recognized him and/or his brown pants and they called the 1-800#. He'd use the extra time to swim or visit. He got his job back after 14-16 weeks only by agreeing to no back pay.

Also, my jaw is on the floor how many managers and supes are fired according to y'all. I've known very little... they group together in a 100-mile radius in a good old boys club and protect one another. Meaning a steward is filing on the center manager team a lot, the former center manager tells the division said steward has always been a trouble maker. There has been forced resignations or transfers that often lead to a promotion. Our management problem history mainly circles around excessive laziness or mentally radical or actual niceness when they were instructed by the Ivory Tower to enforce brutality without getting physical and instead they'd refuse to do it. No sex crimes or firearm theft stuff. So it amazes me this happens out there at UPS by center and even division managers. Shocking.
Until recently, our center was considered the kiss of death for crooked management. It was a resort for the ones that acted right, pure hell for the crooked ones. We have a good group of drivers that will take care of you if you act right, I dont think its that hard to do, but it sure is hard to find an ounce of integrity in today's management. It's the power trips and egos that get most of them fired in the end. As soon as they feel they can get away with anything because they have so far, thats about when they get that visit from the ax man. Some managed to slip by who were absolute garbage, but most eventually got what they deserved.

rickyb

We had a driver get fired for time theft after they caught him running his route like a mail route. Dude ran every street the evens up one side and all the odds down the other.

Had another one take out a customer's mailbox with his tailswing and didn't report it, but he was caught by a front porch camera. He eventually got his job back though.

Had a preload manager get promoted to center manager only to be fired after they collected a rather lengthy file of sexual harrassment allegations against him from all the female PT belt supes.

Back when I was on preload, we had a kid get fired for repeated attendance discrepancies when he literally lived a block away from the building. Also had a kid at another hub get the axe for drawing dicks on boxes that kept showing up at our center.
is there a connection between people with economic power (bosses, managers, capitalists) and sexual assault?

Box Ox

is there a connection between people with economic power (bosses, managers, capitalists) and sexual assault?

You think @Hot Carl did an academic study on it or something?

Maybe we should look to your friends in communist China for advice on this.

#MeToo in the land of censorship

"Under pressure, the Chinese government has made limited improvements. In December 2018, the Supreme Court added sexual harassment to the list of “causes of action,” making it easier for #MeToo victims to seek redress. Yet China still lacks robust laws against sexual harassment."

"Silenced in their home country, Chinese feminists have increasingly found footing overseas. Utilizing the relatively free and safe space in Western countries, #MeToo activists hold protests, discussions and trainings, and provide support to their counterparts inside China."

Oh God, never mind!

purehavanne

Every last person in my center has been fired at least once. Out for 3-4 weeks on bs charges. I renewed my barber license and cut hair for those 4 weeks. Didn’t miss a bill.

hexmurph

Had a part time sup get fired for bringing a gun to work, he claims he forgot it was on him. He got his job back.

Had a guy miss a full week, brought a doctors note from a mammogram place his girlfriend worked at. He never came back.

rickyb

You think @Hot Carl did an academic study on it or something?

Maybe we should look to your friends in communist China for advice on this.

#MeToo in the land of censorship

"Under pressure, the Chinese government has made limited improvements. In December 2018, the Supreme Court added sexual harassment to the list of “causes of action,” making it easier for #MeToo victims to seek redress. Yet China still lacks robust laws against sexual harassment."

"Silenced in their home country, Chinese feminists have increasingly found footing overseas. Utilizing the relatively free and safe space in Western countries, #MeToo activists hold protests, discussions and trainings, and provide support to their counterparts inside China."

Oh God, never mind!
not sure what china has to do with our shortcomings

rickyb

You wish we were China. For you, the answer to our problems is always communism. Which is why you specifically included blaming the capitalists in your question.
i said economic power. does china centralize alot of economic power like america?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Think about what it takes to get yourself into a position of power like that; ruthless, selfish behavior. That is the way the system works; you network and stomp your way to the top.
When you figure that out, it can be easily assumed that many in a power role are AT LEAST border line psychopaths. Borderline sociopaths. As in; the exact kinds of people who commit sexual assault.
All this flies right over American citizens heads. We don’t ask how our voting choices got there....we don’t demand candidates with high moral fortitude; we simply go “oh, this guy is a democrat and seems cool so he’s my guy”
Round and round we go, and nothing changes

rickyb

Think about what it takes to get yourself into a position of power like that; ruthless, selfish behavior. That is the way the system works; you network and stomp your way to the top.
When you figure that out, it can be easily assumed that many in a power role are AT LEAST border line psychopaths. Borderline sociopaths. As in; the exact kinds of people who commit sexual assault.
All this flies right over American citizens heads. We don’t ask how our voting choices got there....we don’t demand candidates with high moral fortitude; we simply go “oh, this guy is a democrat and seems cool so he’s my guy”
Round and round we go, and nothing changes
part of it too is the media wants you to elect corrupt candidates because it enriches the media interests. some of it is propaganda with the media, its not exactly a mystery that obama or biden or trump are terrible candidates but hte media has a hard time telling us this, and when they finish their term the media uses words like "legacy" as if theyve somehow didnt make the country worse.

you nailed it man.

i think being in power corrupts people the longer they are in power. this is true of the supervisors at my job, some of them consider themselves to be moral but you can tell theyve been in power too long.

now that you mention it, the corporation documentary described typical corporate behavior as psychopathic. and im looking on youtube results and on the show the doctors they say 1 in 5 ceos are psychopaths.

i think the bosses who act immoral are either too stupid to act moral (not to mention be unionized and have job security) and or they dont have awareness.

clean hairy

Every last person in my center has been fired at least once. Out for 3-4 weeks on bs charges. I renewed my barber license and cut hair for those 4 weeks. Didn’t miss a bill.
Would have been great if one morning a pain in the butt manager came in.
Give that one a Mullet or a Shemp haircut.
Another pitb walks in later in the day, you could be creative with the cut on that one.
"OOOPS!
"My clippers slipped!"
"Don't worry, I can make it look OK!"
"Guess I should have expected the unexpected?"
It may not look great, but it will grow out...

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Would have been great if one morning a pain in the butt manager came in.
Give that one a Mullet or a Shemp haircut.
Another pitb walks in later in the day, you could be creative with the cut on that one.
"OOOPS!
"My clippers slipped!"
"Don't worry, I can make it look OK!"
"Guess I should have expected the unexpected?"
It may not look great, but it will grow out...
If he's really bad, a hot shave and a shaky hand

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
One Friday Night in August walking out to the parking lot around 7:30ish... I spot 3 of my working buds cutting it up... right on edge of company property, I rarely missed a good chat with the boys after work because as you guys know... not much to chat about in the AM when everybody is so stressed and depressed.

So we're comparing war stories from deliveries. Just laughing and having a blast... one of the guy's said... let's go have a beer. We roll it around and decide we'll skip that... yet a beer sounds tasty..., mighty tasty! Then another driver comes out... reaches in his pickup bed into a cooler says... who wants a beer? Of course we ALL did.

As we're kicking a frosty one down joking it up... the on car sup comes around the corner. (He got punished by the center manager and was forced to stay late on a Friday doing reports). Nobody knew he was in the building. He starts thumping his chest we need to leave company property once we clock out and not loiter. We said customer counter has been closed over an hour...then he looks and stares... what's behind your back? None of us say jack... then he positions himself and sees and puffs his chest out and basically starts prancing like I got you friend'rs! He starts heading back... a buddy yells out. There's FIVE of us.... think about it. All 5 will contradict what you say.

Never heard a word again about it.

Cheers! 😊

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Until recently, our center was considered the kiss of death for crooked management. It was a resort for the ones that acted right, pure hell for the crooked ones. We have a good group of drivers that will take care of you if you act right, I dont think its that hard to do, but it sure is hard to find an ounce of integrity in today's management. It's the power trips and egos that get most of them fired in the end. As soon as they feel they can get away with anything because they have so far, thats about when they get that visit from the ax man. Some managed to slip by who were absolute garbage, but most eventually got what they deserved.
Thanks @FitBitApp

ResetSouthBelt

A couple I’ve heard about

An employee getting fired for stealing video games on PAYDAY

An employee trying to steal Nike’s......He wore a sweatshirt during summer months and thought security wouldn’t notice

A 20+ year 22.3 employee clocking in for their first half of the day then leaving the property for 4 hours then coming back and clocking out......LP knew what was going on

Another 22.3 caught stealing IPhone’s......Got terminated for it........Called his manager a few months after asking if they could cash out their vacation checks

JBenton

We had a part-time sup get fired for stealing a year or so ago. He was the last dude you'd expect so it was pretty shocking. His girlfriend, now ex I hope, had worked there up until a month before they caught him. She turned him in for the reward money and then left the state.

About 5 years ago, the customer counter guy got taken out in handcuffs for stealing cash.

Maybe 7 years ago we had an irreg driver get caught stealing. He was literally driving the irreg train to his car in the parking lot. Apparently he had been stealing for a while at that point and was pretty brazen.

The only time I've seen someone get fired for something other than stealing, was when a part-time sup picked up a hazmat he knew was leaking in front of Keter auditors.

I've seen 2 physical altercations in the hub and they didn't get fired. Couldn't really call them fights, but damn near. Management knew about both too.

We got people coming in absolutely hammered or high as :censored2: and everyone looks the other way. We got a dude who on average works 3 days a week and they can't do anything about it. So yeah... you can pretty much do anything but steal.