Fired! From UPS: Stories About Employees Losing Their Job

Shiftless

I watched a manager fall to pieces in really short time span.

Very well liked as a Pkg driver. Had different sup positions and then landed as a manager of a center.

One day as I come in to get my keys, I see him vigorously washing his hands. The office had its own bathroom and he would leave the door open as he scrubbed away! It was becoming so frequent it was obvious and caught my attention. I go to the locker room to suit up this day and in he walks 2 minutes later and starts scrubbing his hands vigorously again?? W T friend I think this dude is losing it BIG TIME!

So I walk back to the office as I was paged to call my sup. I walk into the office and WOW! 3 sups cowering as this chump is sliding things off their desks and screaming at them and then he storms out. I immediately tell all three, one of you needs to speak up, this guys is friend - ing NUTS! They can hardly speak and they are shaking and scrambling to pick stuff up before he came back. All of them basically said I'm not doing anything!!! Next thing I see is a supervisor high tailing it out of the building looking scared to death who wasn't in the office??? I turn to walk out and here comes the managers wife and she is on fire??? She finally storms off.

I'm thinking "WOW" what a way to start your day!

Turns out wifey poo found out he was cheating so she cheated on him with the running out of the building supervisor. HOLD On it gets worse! Yes the manager never made it back to work ever again! I meant worse for him. He finally gave himself up a day and half later to the police. Turns out he was molesting a minor and was doing some bad things to her. He got 27 years NO parole if he pleaded guilty which was better than the life sentence he would have got!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Very well liked as a Pkg driver. Had different sup positions and then landed as a manager of a center.

One day as I come in to get my keys, I see him vigorously washing his hands. The office had its own bathroom and he would leave the door open as he scrubbed away! It was becoming so frequent it was obvious and caught my attention. I go to the locker room to suit up this day and in he walks 2 minutes later and starts scrubbing his hands vigorously again?? W T friend I think this dude is losing it BIG TIME!

So I walk back to the office as I was paged to call my sup. I walk into the office and WOW! 3 sups cowering as this chump is sliding things off their desks and screaming at them and then he storms out. I immediately tell all three, one of you needs to speak up, this guys is friend - ing NUTS! They can hardly speak and they are shaking and scrambling to pick stuff up before he came back. All of them basically said I'm not doing anything!!! Next thing I see is a supervisor high tailing it out of the building looking scared to death who wasn't in the office??? I turn to walk out and here comes the managers wife and she is on fire??? She finally storms off.

Turns out wifey poo found out he was cheating so she cheated on him with the running out of the building supervisor. HOLD On it gets worse! Yes the manager never made it back to work ever again! I meant worse for him. He finally gave himself up a day and half later to the police. Turns out he was molesting a minor and was doing some bad things to her. He got 27 years NO parole if he pleaded guilty which was better than the life sentence he would have got!
Dude you need to write a book about your center

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

That’s a wild story but I have you beat. Had a full timer probably 3 or 4 years ago who was fired for walking on a belt. The guy had some serious roid rage and would try to sleep with any female that was in the building so I think upper management just used the belt walking thing to finally get rid of him.

Fast forward to present day, I see home boy’s face on the local news. Wanted for murder. Apparently he did some contract work for an older lady who lived by herself. Story goes she got mad at him for some shoddy work he did and either confronted him about it or refused to pay him. He lost his temper and strangled or bludgeoned her to death (still an open case) and he went missing. They found him a few weeks later trying to cash some forged checks in her name. Her body was found in a nearby dump.

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Had a FT automotive sup get caught masturbating in the managers office. locked himself in the another room afterwards and i assume after he was finished was met by LP and the manager and was walked out.

Had a mechanic fired for stealing cell phones and giving them to his daughter to sell at college.

had another mechanic fired for stealing vt365 injectors from the parts drawer one day AFTER being told by another mechanic that the company is aware someone is stealing sets of injectors and installed a camera aimed at the drawer they are kept in.

had a manager fired for falsifying mileage and saying he was at a building he was not at that day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had a manager that wasnt fired but died of a heart attack at age 50. everyone knew it was WORK related. he was one of those good hearted guys that higher ups at UPS hates their managers to be.

Big turnout at his funeral. I felt so bad cause I was hard on him also. he left a wife and a couple teen age boys.

Mo19072

A guy got fired for calling the police on his sup for following him. This guy is notorious for driving miles by going in circles. He got his job back. Another one for taking 2 hour lunch plus the paid breaks.

Driver got his job back at panel after an unreported accident caught on camera. 6 weeks off with no back pay. A few months later same driver got canned permanently for -- what else -- another unreported accident.
Damn I was like hey that's me! Until I read the 2nd half 🤣🤣

Superteeth2478

That’s a wild story but I have you beat. Had a full timer probably 3 or 4 years ago who was fired for walking on a belt. The guy had some serious roid rage and would try to sleep with any female that was in the building so I think upper management just used the belt walking thing to finally get rid of him.

Fast forward to present day, I see home boy’s face on the local news. Wanted for murder. Apparently he did some contract work for an older lady who lived by herself. Story goes she got mad at him for some shoddy work he did and either confronted him about it or refused to pay him. He lost his temper and strangled or bludgeoned her to death (still an open case) and he went missing. They found him a few weeks later trying to cash some forged checks in her name. Her body was found in a nearby dump.
I've heard of management members (part-time supervisors, two of them) getting fired for walking on moving belts, but can an hourly really get fired for it and have it stick (I mean for a first-time offense, not a constant habit of walking on moving belts)?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I've heard of management members (part-time supervisors, two of them) getting fired for walking on moving belts, but can an hourly really get fired for it and have it stick (I mean for a first-time offense, not a constant habit of walking on moving belts)?
It used to be a cardinal sin when I started. They didn’t play. Buddy of mine, an LVD pickoff, was caught by a higher up walking on the belt and the guy wanted him fired. My buddy’s full timer made it look good while the guy was around, going through all the motions making it look like he was going to walk him out. As soon as the guy left, it was dropped. I’ve only actually seen supervisors get walked out for it; 1 FT and 1 PT.

542thruNthru

Had a pter guy walked out for walking on a moving belt to break a jam and then ride it back. Didn't get his job back.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Back in the day“surfing” the belt to your pull was SOP

Airbear

When I was in the load it was rare seeing a moving belt that didn't have a sup or hourly on it breaking a jam. I mean, our chutes and dividers are basically always jammed as a matter of course. If the belts were shut off for every jam my hub would cease to function.

Shiftless

Kiting COD cash! Way to many people thought the cash was there’s to use until payday.

In my day and area it was called "Rolling". Not a lot but a few used COD monies to buy lunch, gamble and pay debts till they got that weeks paycheck.

Company told everyone in the "PCM DONT DO THIS"! I heard about rolling thru the grapevine but was not there long enough as of yet to know who was doing it. Once they fired the driver they caught, the word spread like wikd fire about who wasn't gonna do that any more tho!

For you youngin's. This era was mid 1970's

Many COD's were cash only, no checks accepted. So what drivers did is pull the tag off the box get the monies like its a normal delivery. Then save that tag and sheet it (put on your paper, daily record, non button, no screen, Clipboard) 1 or 2 days later. Friday over the weekend I heard was the most common and sheet it Monday. Most big companies back then trusted we delivered everything we sheeted and wouldn't even count the pkgs.

So how did they catch the driver that day? It was the next day. The pkg was for a big wig in the company and not a pkg being put thru the system to be stocked. Employee's couldn't find the pkg, saw it was paid for by cash by the accountant, called the company, driver admitted took the cash and didn't sheet it but planned to sheet it today. It wasn't a big sum of money he said "I just didn't have money for lunch" FIRED!!!