Fired from UPS...they didn't like my big mouth!

jasar13

It all depends. If she has never been warned for it its possible for her to win. Its not harrasment until shes been Warned about it through corrective behavior discipline.
Warn her to have common sense in her dealings with her peers? Is that really necessary? So if she was never told she couldn't do something, do it until she has to be corrected. Sounds like the folks in the hub will be better off without her.

jasar13

The real world, as I have found it in my 30 year career, is that the most productive work environments have been the ones that employees, hourly and management alike, treat each other with respect. We won't always agree on the details in the issues. But open honest dialogue goes a long way in fostering a positive work environment. Your comments give the impression you are only interested in creating grief and discontent. Its sad since you indicate you are older and perhaps more experienced in the workforce. You could bring a lot of good energy to an operation with your prior work experiences.

Channahon

i been verbally warned about my sailor mouth but never written warned..and never accused of making racial slurs...they just can't handle a woman my age not taking their crap..i am an hourly union employee.

I am impressed that you have been with UPS on the night sort -hardest sort to keep staffed.
You also sound like a model employee - mouth like a sailor and don't take any crap from anyone.

Do yourself a favor, go to work, do your job and leave at the end of your shift.

Being a female has nothing to do with being a UPS employee. Have some self respect, don't try to hang with the guys, and adjust your attidude.

I say this, as I started at UPS as a driver in 1978 and was one of 8 females in a building of over 200 men.

Take my advice or leave it behind, I can only say their are a lot of opportunties for females at UPS. If this is not a career path for you, put your time in and move on.

Good luck in your hearing.

BuffaloDream

Bring on the Sunshine!
While I appreciate your comments on my first thread, you have know idea of my entire situation. How all the employees at this hub are very upset that once again I have been a target for managment. A target that only I get displined for, no other employee does. If you were in my sitiuation how would you feel? Would you take it with a grain of salt, respect, honesty, with this management team there is none, they don't listen. I am older and yes I should know better. I also bring laughter, hope and happiness to a workplace that doesn't appreciate what the employees do for them.
Please don't judge me because of the thread I post, I am angry and as such venting to relieve some of what is going on in my life right now.

Kindest Regards,
Buffy!

steeltoe

I have worked for UPS for 4 years now. In that 4 years I have been harassed by employees and management. All recorded incidents were takin care of by apoligy only. Now comes me accused of making a racial slur to another employee and I get canned for it. No evidence of this incident was ever presented to me. I was even fired from the manager of the hub over the phone LOL!!! I am an outspoken woman, 1 of 2 on the night sort. Clearly discrimanated against becuase i am female and got a mouth on me like a sailor LOL! Well on with the fight...bring it on UPS what goes around comes around I say..and I ain't sitting down fer this one LOL!

Bring on the dancing boys in Brown!
They can't take me down!

How in the world were you fired over the phone? How were you fired with out progressive discipline? Did your manager have your union steward on his end of the line or yours, or was it a 3 way call? How were you fired off the clock?

You need to go down to the hall and speak with your BA and demand your job back with back pay. If you did what your manager says you did, you were wrong, but the company has to follow contract language when it comes to seperation of employement.

I understand that we must all follow the UPS code of conduct, but you have contractual and legal rights that were not aheared too.