Fired today for something we all have done

PT Car Washer

I remember those days when I would run with guys during peak, I've heard a couple of times of buddies of mine had a recording in travel on the report but had a nda stop open so it wouldn't be late, never heard a peep about that
That is because they did not get caught. You did. Man up and admit what you did and why and that you will never do it again and you will be back.

Marlin3030hntr

That is because they did not get caught. You did. Man up and admit what you did and why and that you will never do it again and you will be back.
I already did man up when he asked I said I did it, told my stewards what happened and filed my grievance, never said I wasn't at fault I've always admitted up to any mistakes or bad ideas I've done/had

PT Car Washer

The report that I mentioned flags NDA's sheeted as an exception and then delivered within 30 minutes.
One of our drivers attempted to deliver a signature required resi one morning. No one answered and completed stop at 10:29. Minute later they come to the door and signed. Next day she was warned about doing this.

Marlin3030hntr

I haven't done that. Nor would I ever do it. If it's late it's late. You can and will be fired for dishonesty for falsifying delivery records, no matter where your at on "top production list" whatever that is
All I'm saying is on this particular route I make the numbers for them only cause I know the route so well, beat it by 2-3hrs most days cause they usually let me bring my own air in and go home, the day this happened the route happened to comboed with another route and had air way out of my area due to this and I made a bad call like I said I'm not making excuses I appreciate all the insight you guys have on this

Marlin3030hntr

One of our drivers attempted to deliver a signature required resi one morning. No one answered and completed stop at 10:29. Minute later they come to the door and signed. Next day she was warned about doing this.
I've had that particular thing happen many times not necessarily on nda but ground stuff all the time

PT Car Washer

All I'm saying is on this particular route I make the numbers for them only cause I know the route so well, beat it by 2-3hrs most days cause they usually let me bring my own air in and go home, the day this happened the route happened to comboed with another route and had air way out of my area due to this and I made a bad call like I said I'm not making excuses I appreciate all the insight you guys have on this
Quit working so hard. You make the rest of us look bad. Now you know the real reason why you were walked out.

Marlin3030hntr

You will be fine. Enjoy the time off. Only vacation you will get this summer.
Lol thanks, well we had a 3 day weekend already I had an 8hr request Friday since it's my bday and I'm scheduled on vaca next week, plus we got our retro pay all in all the day still sucked as I got fired at 8 since I'm always there early everyday

Marlin3030hntr

Quit working so hard. You make the rest of us look bad. Now you know the real reason why you were walked out.
Ya right no they "reward" my hard work like the company always does, with more work, over dispatched routes or having to help people after I knock out 180 early in the hope I can go home

Marlin3030hntr

Trying to be funny.
No it's a fact, Friday the route I was on was 40 stops over dispatched just because I was on it, the route I've been doing lately is always planned at 9.5-10.5 and I usually have it done in 7ish, for example it usually goes out with 180-190 stops everyday, my 8hr request day Thursday it was at 140, that's how much they screw it usually cause they know I can do it, I can't slow down and I will get it done because I want to go home

oldngray

nowhere special
The report that I mentioned flags NDA's sheeted as an exception and then delivered within 30 minutes.

If you attempt an NDA before 10:30 and stop complete it doesn't matter how long you wait before sheeting again if it would be after 10:30 the next time you scan - you don't void the first time or it would show up as late when you scan again. You should sheet as dup stop if its only a couple of minutes and take credit for another stop if you have to go back later though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you attempt an NDA before 10:30 and stop complete it doesn't matter how long you wait before sheeting again if it would be after 10:30 the next time you scan - you don't void the first time or it would show up as late when you scan again. You should sheet as dup stop if its only a couple of minutes and take credit for another stop if you have to go back later though.

If you sheet a NDA as NI or CLO at 1029 and then sheet it as delivered at 1049 it will end up on a report, whether you sheet it as dup stop or not.

PT Car Washer

I come to work to do a job. Not play gamesmanship.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not saying it wasn't wrong of me just don't understand the haste of the disciplinary action

Somebody had to answer to a higher up. I would bet the center manager got reamed a new one, and now you will pay the price.

Why would any of us care if an air is late?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you sheet a NDA as NI or CLO at 1029 and then sheet it as delivered at 1049 it will end up on a report, whether you sheet it as dup stop or not.

Correct, you will show up on a report but it would be one of the situations where you could defend your actions. There are too many meaningless reports and that would be one that watches for people padding stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Correct, you will show up on a report but it would be one of the situations where you could defend your actions. There are too many meaningless reports and that would be one that watches for people padding stops.

That report is not about padding stops. It's about people recording a NDA as CLO or NI to beat the commit.