Fired today for something we all have done

Z

ZQXC

I've noticed 10:29 mentioned several times in this thread.
That air stop can be delivered at 10:30 and 42 seconds and it will not be late.

Marlin3030hntr

Somebody had to answer to a higher up. I would bet the center manager got reamed a new one, and now you will pay the price.

Why would any of us care if an air is late?
Cause we get reamed if an air is late I've had 1 late the whole time I've been driving, trust me my center manager was pissed cause I always show up and I produce he straight said its bs and I will get my job back

oldngray

nowhere special
That report is not about padding stops. It's about people recording a NDA as CLO or NI to beat the commit.

If you sheet it as closed at 10:29 why would you sheet it again as closed 5 minutes later? That was what I was talking about. Not sheeting it as closed before you get there. It could be legitimate where you get there just before 10:30 and customer shows up as you are pulling away. In that situation you would sheet again and not void the first attempt if it was now after 10:30.

Marlin3030hntr

That report is not about padding stops. It's about people recording a NDA as CLO or NI to beat the commit.
And that's why I got the walk, I just hate that there is no reciprocation with things, I definitely have to claim ignorance on some of the reports etc that you guys are taking about but I'm still a rookie only been driving 1 year

Marlin3030hntr

What's worse?
Reamed or fired.
Touché, like I said it was a bad judgment call and I'm paying for it, it's just funny how if you do things like this for a sup or see them do things like this it's not a problem the one time you do it on your own you are sol

Z

ZQXC

If the delivery is late, don't do anything to try to make it appear on time. That's what will get you.

I tell all the younger guys: Management is sitting in the jump seat all the time; you can't see them, but they are there.

Z

ZQXC

Touché, like I said it was a bad judgment call and I'm paying for it, it's just funny how if you do things like this for a sup or see them do things like this it's not a problem the one time you do it on your own you are sol

It's their game, they make up the rules, and they also cheat.....

30 to life

All I'm saying is on this particular route I make the numbers for them only cause I know the route so well, beat it by 2-3hrs most days cause they usually let me bring my own air in and go home, the day this happened the route happened to comboed with another route and had air way out of my area due to this and I made a bad call like I said I'm not making excuses I appreciate all the insight you guys have on this
You go from a hero to a zero in a matter of seconds at ups. Just do the right thing you won't get in trouble and you make more money.

No been here for 8 years been driving for 1, I have never been in trouble for anything just irks you when you make a bad call and that's what they do
Welcome to ups. When you get your job back get your stewards numbers and ask him lots of questions on what you can and can't do. Don't take this the wrong way but you are so green that you are practically special needs at ups. You need to be scared straight and learn the right ways. Good luck.

Marlin3030hntr

Welcome to ups. When you get your job back get your stewards numbers and ask him lots of questions on what you can and can't do. Don't take this the wrong way but you are so green that you are practically special needs at ups. You need to be scared straight and learn the right ways. Good luck.
I appreciate the guidance, to driving I totally agree I'm still wet behind the ears on many things, if it is about pt and preload I'm totally schooled on the ins and outs of things

oldngray

nowhere special
Ours is new to our district and he seems to be out to "fix" the problems, definitely acts like a hatchet man to me from what I've seen

Every time a new guy moves in he will try to make (mostly stupid) changes in an attempt to look good to his bosses. And he will definitely be playing the numbers game. Usually after a couple of months things go back to the way they were previously done (which worked).

Marlin3030hntr

He's been here since about February and he started with numbers has moved to service issues and next I'm told it's going to be attendance, I'm definitely safe on the latter as I have called in maybe 10-12 times in 8 years

By The Book

All I'm saying is on this particular route I make the numbers for them only cause I know the route so well, beat it by 2-3hrs most days cause they usually let me bring my own air in and go home, the day this happened the route happened to comboed with another route and had air way out of my area due to this and I made a bad call like I said I'm not making excuses I appreciate all the insight you guys have on this
. 2-3 hours bonus,really!really! They need to make an example of someone, looks like the right one got caught. I bet they've been watching you awhile now. From now on take your breaks/lunch and drive close to speed limit as possible. It's ok to drive scratch, I'm sure your steward will agree. In this scenario it's an uphill battle to get your job back. If your taken back just know that your under the microscope. Do it by the book and stop showing off. A lot of part timers are waiting to go driving, and the bonus babies are part of the reason they wait so long.

Marlin3030hntr

. 2-3 hours bonus,really!really! They need to make an example of someone, looks like the right one got caught. I bet they've been watching you awhile now. From now on take your breaks/lunch and drive close to speed limit as possible. It's ok to drive scratch, I'm sure your steward will agree. In this scenario it's an uphill battle to get your job back. If your taken back just know that your under the microscope. Do it by the book and stop showing off. A lot of part timers are waiting to go driving, and the bonus babies are part of the reason they wait so long.
This is where it's always an issue the normal driver and myself both can do the route in the time I do it in, I don't run I take my lunch after my last stop and before my first pickup, I don't show off to anyone I'm a TCD so I don't even get the incentive pay, I just want to get done and go home, my stewards have known me for some years and they understand where I'm coming from and the situation, one of my stewards in particular warned my center manager about the way they abuse me and he said they will end up losing me by something like this or me just going back to pt and saying screw driving, the latter is more likely as I just passed up a ft spot because of the way they treat me