Fired!!!!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Find some other way to “get even”.
I seen it every peak season... circus time.

I'll see seasonal drivers just quit on the spot after loading up the rental vehicle.

Others will bring back 50-70% of their load because it got dark.

I warn them to bring stand alone GPS units because some areas have no cellphone service. The windshield mounted GPS are always linked to satellites 24/7

My area has no street lights when it's dark, but I don't sweat it because I have 4 years of area knowledge on my side.

The subcontractor management makes or breaks this job. If I tell you that I can't cover my whole route because it's tripled in volume, u better balance the load! I don't want to load up cargo that I can't deliver by midnight.

Neighboring drivers bring almost half back to roll to the next day. What a waste of just taking cargo for a ride...

I'm basically one of the few on my lineup that is clean, maybe that is why they gave me the Sunday off

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I seen it every peak season... circus time.

I'll see seasonal drivers just quit on the spot after loading up the rental vehicle.

Others will bring back 50-70% of their load because it got dark.

I warn them to bring stand alone GPS units because some areas have no cellphone service. The windshield mounted GPS are always linked to satellites 24/7

My area has no street lights when it's dark, but I don't sweat it because I have 4 years of area knowledge on my side.

The subcontractor management makes or breaks this job. If I tell you that I can't cover my whole route because it's tripled in volume, u better balance the load! I don't want to load up cargo that I can't deliver by midnight.

Neighboring drivers bring almost half back to roll to the next day. What a waste of just taking cargo for a ride...

I'm basically one of the few on my lineup that is clean, maybe that is why they gave me the Sunday off
You seem to be a likable, dedicated fella, but I have to question your intelligence if you’re consistently working until midnight.

Death wish, much?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Customer service driven... the customers in my area know how these managers feminine hygiene washers of the subcontractor group fails to balance the load every.friggin.peak.season.

Plus, they rented too many Ford transit cargo vans instead of box trucks... we're hauling big furniture and Xmas trees and snow tires this time of year on top of Xmas presents.

How many are in the Tower of Tires ???

Subcontractor group, next peak, gmc single rear wheel box trucks. The budget rental is under the 10k weight limit, while the Ford counterparts are 50 lbs over... sure, rent some transit cargo vans for training purposes.

Then, step them up to box trucks as they gain experience... that's Wut I would've done as a BC

Heck, we're a 7 day operation now... exchange some of those transit vans for box trucks after peak

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Hell, I'm Express and I most likely have a better overall compensation package than most Ground drivers (and a better retirement plan), but I still consider my job dead-end. It is what it is. I'm doing the same thing as the G guy, just less work and typically better pay.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's all according to what your end goal is.

Accomplishing that goal by not taking a lower paygrade job makes mine a superior career choice.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Like I told you. You'll never get a $40 an hour (UPS) effort for a $15 an hour wage and I doubt that the guy in this case was even getting that much.

Even the $40 an hour isn't enough to keep people from doing this. We had a guy that would dump stuff in a culvert on Fridays to get off early then go back on Mondays and deliver it.

The same guy would also do that when He had to meet another driver to give or take misloads. He would tell the other driver the directions to the ditch and keep on going. "The stops are in a ditch two miles from the intersection of Country Rd and Makebelieve Rd on the right side"

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He was terminated a while ago for driving drunk on duty. He works at Target now.
Seems like every terminal has a story about someone fired for driving drunk while on the clock. We've had a few people come to work smelling like a brewery.

NerdGirl

Is it not considered a federal crime to dump someone's mail? Wouldn't packages count? I mean you can hate your job, but if prison/fines and permanent records are your backup plan well.....