Fired!!!!

Our station had a driver that parked a Sprinter in the middle of nowhere before he walked off the job. Turns out, several of the packages contained life saving cancer meds - what a disgrace.
You can't do that kinda stuff. Trust me I understand the feeling. Honestly if I was going to quit, I just wouldn't show up for work.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Is it not considered a federal crime to dump someone's mail? Wouldn't packages count? I mean you can hate your job, but if prison/fines and permanent records are your backup plan well.....
Do you not know he wasn’t delivering mail?

That would be the USPS.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Our station had a driver that parked a Sprinter in the middle of nowhere before he walked off the job. Turns out, several of the packages contained life saving cancer meds - what a disgrace.
That's a typical FXG move during peak every year...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think you could probably make a case for interfering with interstate commerce, which is a federal offense.

This is right up there with "If your Ring doorbell records someone talking to someone else via a bluetooth phone headset, you're guilty of wiretapping!"

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not sure of this source but looks like this guy got charged with a felony for cargo theft.

PCSO obtains warrant for man who dumped FedEx packages
"Sheriff’s investigators also discovered that Adair was hired for holiday help less than two months prior as a delivery driver contracted to deliver holiday packages by a postal company. Investigators believe Adair threw the packages into the creek because he did not want to deliver them."

It's unclear WHO this jerk actually worked for.

It will be fine

"Sheriff’s investigators also discovered that Adair was hired for holiday help less than two months prior as a delivery driver contracted to deliver holiday packages by a postal company. Investigators believe Adair threw the packages into the creek because he did not want to deliver them."

It's unclear WHO this jerk actually worked for.
One of the corporate perks of contracting out the labor, FedEx gets to try and pass the blame. Doesn’t work out too well with media still identifying the cargo as FedEx packages, but it’s worth a shot.

bacha29

Well Fred, how’s this “independent service provider” crap working out for you lately?
Spot on. What the person in this case is accused of doing is no doubt going to hurt his future opportunities . At the same look at his situation. Only going to be there for what was it 6 weeks? Then he's simply disposed of without enough weeks in to even open a UC claim.

So here he was and I've seen this far too many times another poorly trained (if even that) individual sent out there with a truck loaded floor to ceiling end to end expected to clean that load in an area he's not familiar with and by doing so protect and defend the interests of his contractor employer.

Doing all that in exchange for what? A few weeks of modest wages then simply jettisoned back out completely unprepared to somehow find a way to survive in the economy until next peak season ?
What this kid is accused of doing is not the first time it's happened and won't be the last but this is how Fat Freddy wants to run his operation.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Spot on. What the person in this case is accused of doing is no doubt going to hurt his future opportunities . At the same look at his situation. Only going to be there for what was it 6 weeks? Then he's simply disposed of without enough weeks in to even open a UC claim.

So here he was and I've seen this far too many times another poorly trained (if even that) individual sent out there with a truck loaded floor to ceiling end to end expected to clean that load in an area he's not familiar with and by doing so protect and defend the interests of his contractor employer.

Doing all that in exchange for what? A few weeks of modest wages then simply jettisoned back out completely unprepared to somehow find a way to survive in the economy until next peak season ?
What this kid is accused of doing is not the first time it's happened and won't be the last but this is how Fat Freddy wants to run his operation.
If that was the agreement, why are you justifying his criminal actions?

Pathetic.