First day on road

Dr.Brownz

Ask your supe what the route plans to for the day. If he says 9.5, you work 9... if that means you put in a 90 minute lunch, that means you put in a 90 minute lunch!

Bad advice. Lunch does not figure into your imaginary "planned day" number at all. What OP would need to do is slow down when working to avoid coming in sooner than 9.5 hours (OF WORK NOT COUNTING UNPAID TIME)

optikz

2 hrs over allowed today i hate faliure man and did not even take a lunch
if u follow orion, u will always come in over. I'm trying to figure out now when to break off and when not to. 3rd day out on my own and I was .40 over yesterday. I did 20 more stops and finished at the sane time so I'm hoping it shows I scratched. I didn't get a lunch today. my on road sup told me ill probably miss my lunches during my 30 days

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
No! You should ALWAYS be able to take a lunch. No on road should be telling you that you'll miss your lunches. What type of BS is that???

KOG72

I’m full of it
if u follow orion, u will always come in over. I'm trying to figure out now when to break off and when not to. 3rd day out on my own and I was .40 over yesterday. I did 20 more stops and finished at the sane time so I'm hoping it shows I scratched. I didn't get a lunch today. my on road sup told me ill probably miss my lunches during my 30 days
Some newbies do that so they can qualify

optikz

No! You should ALWAYS be able to take a lunch. No on road should be telling you that you'll miss your lunches. What type of BS is that???
all the 30+ year guys saying the same thing. orion makes it tough to scratch. no way you can get off at 30 piece bulk in 6 minutes when there is no dock And u have to load the hand truck up a few times. according to the computer, That's how much time I had to do that bulk

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
all the 30+ year guys saying the same thing. orion makes it tough to scratch. no way you can get off at 30 piece bulk in 6 minutes when there is no dock And u have to load the hand truck up a few times. according to the computer, That's how much time I had to do that bulk

The time allowances are BS. And to be honest I still remember my first 30 days and not one time did my sup say 'you need to scratch this route to pass'. Just finish at a reasonable time everyday in your last 2-3 weeks and don't hit anything and you will pass. Don't worry about the time allowance at every stop. Just stay on task and finish the route and you'll be fine.

UrFellowUpser

Trying my best not to get discouraged. Took me like 7 extra mins to find one box that the preloader was supposed to have in rdl but the :censored2: was burried somewhere in the 2000 section. Then wasted time going back to the same mall to deliver packages that normally be grouped with walmart and sallys and Verizon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a newbie called in the office this morning for his 1.57 hours over allowed. Was told that "there may be an issue" if this trend continues.

He was not a happy camper at the PCM.