First Day

Holy hell...

Went in at 3:45am didn't get finished until a little past 10am (hey overtime). Would've been later if the drivers didn't help us. I'm not sure if we are severely understaffed, but there wasn't enough people today for the volume we had. For a good while I wasn't given any direction, just "make sure to keep the boxes from falling off the belt and rollers". And the direction was given by two supers was sub par at best, so basically no training. I felt like I was just tossed to the wolves and they hoped I'd figure it out eventually. Pretty sure I friend'ed up the order on some of the loaded boxes.

However, I was told I did well today, so I guess there's that. My body hurts and I'm feeling like a cranky old man at 28 years old. For my first day it felt like a cluster:censored2:. I'm sticking with it, but I hope it gets better.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Holy hell...

Went in at 3:45am didn't get finished until a little past 10am (hey overtime). Would've been later if the drivers didn't help us. I'm not sure if we are severely understaffed, but there wasn't enough people today for the volume we had. For a good while I wasn't given any direction, just "make sure to keep the boxes from falling off the belt and rollers". And the direction was given by two supers was sub par at best, so basically no training. I felt like I was just tossed to the wolves and they hoped I'd figure it out eventually. Pretty sure I friend'ed up the order on some of the loaded boxes.

However, I was told I did well today, so I guess there's that. My body hurts and I'm feeling like a cranky old man at 28 years old. For my first day it felt like a cluster:censored2:. I'm sticking with it, but I hope it gets better.
thats every day

Notretiredyet

Welcome to UPS, today was more than likely a clown fest due to the holiday. If you didn't walk out after today you might just have a chance. Now time for the show.

km3

Won't get too much better from here, but today was definitely worse than what you'll eventually become accustomed to because of the holiday.

The day after a holiday...That's a hell of a day to start.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Holy hell...

Quit now. It gets worse

TheFigurehead

I hope it gets better.

It doesn't. It only gets worse. Day by day, week by week it only gets worse. It's your first day, and they are understaffed (you'll soon understand why), so they're being "nice" (well as nice as mgmt gets) to you. Just wait until they're convinced you'll stay, and then they'll start treating you like a piece of :censored2:, just like everyone else.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Holy hell...

This is basically some version of every day at ups.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The :censored2: may come in different color but most days are a :censored2: show at this place.

Today is the first day in weeks we've gotten air on time.
Only because Louisville processed all of Monday's air on Monday and had it loaded already. Then ran a night sort last night for the international stuff. Back to normal tomorrow.

clean hairy

Holy hell...

owever, I was told I did well today, so I guess there's that. My body hurts and I'm feeling like a cranky old man at 28 years old. For my first day it felt like a cluster:censored2:. I'm sticking with it, but I hope it gets better.
Would have been even worse if you had started during holiday peak season!