First Day Seasonal Driver “Training Route”

Whither

Scofflaw
Most were in four of five office buildings within a 1/4 mile of each other and 1 envelope each. Missed the last one by a few minutes.
Nevertheless. That's a blistering pace even if you already have all 100 envelopes for the 'bulk' stop accounted for in a tote.

slingshot90

17 commits, arrive to area with about a half hour to complete. About 50 business stops and 148 residentials and 33 pickups even though no one was at the office complexes for pickup due to everyone working from home. Finished day at 21:30 was told I did pretty good being almost 2 hours over plan. I felt like i struggled a lot but was told that was really good for first day. Not sure what training was given because didn’t have anytime to stop for a second to even ask a question. Is that the normal “training route” throw everything at you at once to see if you break?
First post here from myself, I've been browsing this forum for a couple days and figured I'd sign up and join in on the fun. I just qualified as a driver back in September, and this sounds nearly identical to the route I was trained on. A sometimes overwhelming amount of air stops, but they were always manageable due to the tightness of the route, didn't miss any other than when it was the center's fault (late air trailer, late start from the building). Just make sure not to scan any grounds in with them if you think you may miss the commit time. Then I had roughly 25-30 business stops following them, including a pain in the butt hospital, followed by 10-15 stops in the city, another 75 or so stops that were kind of city-ish, but more spread out than the actual city that included a few businesses and three separate apartment complexes that sucked at first until I got an organized method of delivering to them. Biggest pain about that was having to write down how it got distributed, it would be in my board as 20 or so packages for one stop, but had to sort through them and write down what apartment they went to. Then I would have about 15-20 pickups to go do, which included one that always had at least 30, but usually like 80-100 big boxes that contained smaller boxes of shoes in them. Once I had the pickups done, I usually had about 30-50 RD stops to go. My biggest worry every day was getting back to the building by 7:30 to unload my air pickups, but I made it every day except for one. So to answer your question, in my experience- yes. I was told they like to put people on routes like this so they get a taste of everything you do there, and to see if you can handle it. The guy that was being trained before me apparently got the boot about 18 days in because he was out until 10:30 every night, had to have his airs picked up, and was just going way over his miles for the day. I'm glad I got to learn on that route. One more thing- my loader was a :censored2:ing beast. Damn near perfect every day. I gave him a tip after I qualified because he definitely was one of the primary reasons I didn't struggle. I've been back on that route this past week, so here's to hoping it's my peak route.