First days as a driver

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK ! Freeze!! This entire thread has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with "first days of a driver." !!!
Unless it's his first days in a whore house.

Tell your loader to put all your air in the 1000 section no matter what the PAL says. Some are listed RDR/RDL with bulk. Don't get nasty with him but be firm. Those guys get pushed hard to but just because their having a bad day doesn't mean you need to have one. I had a bulk stop of 70 packages and told my loader "I don't care where you put the packages just have my air in 1K." He gave me a nod. I ended up having a late air because this :censored2: put a NDA letter on the center floor with 50 packages on top of it !! :censored2: idiot.

"With 50 packages on top of it!! :censored2: idiot" ahhahhahhaahhahahahha, lol! man this stuff Is funny.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
And I had a late air...I arrived at the stop and activated it at 10:28 but didn't find and scan the pkg until 10:37.

I would of BS'd it to lock it and continue looking. If I didn't find it, I then would call it in and tell em can't find the air stop and cleared out the piece. Only cause u might find the piece at 1031 even though u legitly were attempting to del at 1028. That way if you find it in a short time it's covered.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If you live in N.E or another snow region and the driveway,walkway is unsafe to travel on,sheet it as other non del, put unsafe in comments and CALL it in !! Use their safety B.S !!If I know the person is elderly,and may have no help with walkway,I make an attempt!! But as we all know in the N.E there are some lazy SOBS who never clean up til 2 or 3 days later...your J.C Penny bathing suite is not worth my broken leg and being on the Empiires hit list !! Use common sense out there !!!

Bristol Brown

thanx for all the help, the only thing that really makes me nervous is driving at night and backing up, long driveways... hopefully it only takes 1-2 weeks until i know the houses that have nice turn arounds =]

i also thought about getting to work earlier to go through my truck to glance over the shelfs / floor

Why would you do that?

You already give UPS an hour of your day as you don`t take lunch so why give them more?

If you cannot complete your days in the given timeframe without breaking the law and working off the clock then see your sup,if you get no joy there then speak to your union rep.