First quarter profit down over 17% — Now what?

Apparently you think Mn. roads are plowed the second it starts to snow--wrong. The last set of chains in a package car I saw was in about 1985. Around here they use RE-capped tires with a semi aggressive thread. I'm sure UPS gets them for a little of nothing because they only last about one winter if you are lucky. They do work good when new though for the first couple of months anyway..
The retreads are better in states that get snow.

iowa boy

the-sky-is-falling-the-sky-is-falling.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Apparently you think Mn. roads are plowed the second it starts to snow--wrong. The last set of chains in a package car I saw was in about 1985. Around here they use RE-capped tires with a semi aggressive thread. I'm sure UPS gets them for a little of nothing because they only last about one winter if you are lucky. They do work good when new though for the first couple of months anyway..
I always write my tires up in November.

wornoutupser

Our mechanics had a conference call tonight.
any repair over $500 has to have sup approval
any part over $1000 has to have his bosses approval
no overtime at all for mechanics
mechanic says no problem the have to pay him for showing up if there are no parts to install!

purehavanne

The jig is up for management and their stupidity. You can only shuck and jive for so long. Went to wash my hands today. No :censored2: soap! So u mean to tell me we had this terrible quarter AND no soap. Oh hell no!

rod

Retired 22 years
When I started In 1971 there was a big story about UPS in a national magazine called US Business News. The name of the article was "What Makes UPS Run". At that time UPS was starting their bid to become a nation wide delivery service. Up until then UPS didn't deliver west of the Mississippi except the 3 coastal states so there were a lot of states left to open up. The news article told about how great a company UPS was and its future look guaranteed bright. It talked about the great service, the shinny trucks and the hustling employees. I still remember how the article ended. It said the ONLY way UPS could fail was by bad management. Looks like whoever wrote that story missed their calling as a fortune teller.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
mechanic says no problem the have to pay him for showing up if there are no parts to install!

We have not been put on cost restrictions at my hub yet, but I am sure it’s coming. I can’t order pink tag supplies or any parts right now. our red tag list and non compliance ( oil changes and pmi’s) is out of control.. they are now short several trucks a night and it’s only going to get worse.

We had some supervisor come flipping out in a panic the other night looking for trucks, nothing I can do about it. We are 8 then the gate and I am not working for free and I am not putting unsafe trucks on the road.

Our management started putting some trucks in B status to get the red tags off the books. Lol like that’s going to help anything.

The company is making money... this insanity of chasing unrealistic profit goals needs to stop.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Going to run out of cars if people keep stealing the ones from fedex and ramming them into ours.

Re-Raise

When I started In 1971 there was a big story about UPS in a national magazine called US Business News. The name of the article was "What Makes UPS Run". At that time UPS was starting their bid to become a nation wide delivery service. Up until then UPS didn't deliver west of the Mississippi except the 3 coastal states so there were a lot of states left to open up. The news article told about how great a company UPS was and its future look guaranteed bright. It talked about the great service, the shinny trucks and the hustling employees. I still remember how the article ended. It said the ONLY way UPS could fail was by bad management. Looks like whoever wrote that story missed their calling as a fortune teller.
Damn you’re old!

Karma...

you are confusing United Parcel Service with ups.........Tied Parcel emblem with whatever that thing is now.....many things died in late 1999

I’ve been on vacation all week but two weeks ago they told us,

Nothing over $300, period. No overtime, no outside parts. Last week they looked us out of ordering parts. Nothing but PMIs and LOFs. Any repair that takes more then in stock parts parks the car while waiting for approval.